Maxnet Triple T Name Change

damole

I just got back to Chiang Mai after 4 1/2 months abroad. I went to my local MAXNet office in Chiang Mai to check my bill payents were up to date and ask about the new contract which I duly signed. I was told that it's only that the company has been renamed Triple T from TT&T, I was told nothing else has changed.

For what it's worth my Indy 3Mbps is more or less as it was when I left, browsing is so so but perfectly workable, a good torrent will download at almost the rated speed 295KB/s. I'm sure BBC streaming video and Youtube will be poor to unworkable. Maybe I'm just lucky that I got here now considering the headaches most users have been experiencing lately but so far things seems relatively normal.

I've had times when I can watch a one hour BBC programme streaming without stopping once to buffer and at other times it's unwatchable because it buffers every few seconds. The interesting thing is that my internet speed is not slower when it buffers, so I suspect the problem is at the BBC UK servers end as many UK users will testify.

What happens if I refuse to sign up with the new "TTT". Am I disconnected from the internet?

I think I have reached the end of my tether with Maxnet.

Any other recommendations, or am I considering jumping from the frying pan inti the fire,

Should I do the "Thai thing" and just accept sub standard service?