The Stock Market

A little something to get Zorro dribbling. :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H2DePAZe2gA/SvI3...uniorminers.jpg

(Although it's a jpeg, for some reason it won't upload as a picture.) If someone can put it up I'd be grateful. It startled me.

Regards.

jokes aside you have no idea how much penny i have bought. And they still rising, unfortunately photo bucket isnt working for me. This isnt pretend money, we have one shot at the jackpot and you only need one to kick hard. for those that dont buy penny look at EXT on asx. I held 10,000 shares at .80 cents sold at 1.50

it went to $11 a few months later :D

not a penny exactly but it jumped from 20c to 80c in a year and climbed straight through the recession . there is a lady on hotcopper called harlee who held and still does 500k shares from penny days

edit

its still just a shovel hole in the ground in Namibia. Somehow polo and Rio began a bidding war for a take over. Still just a shovel hole in the ground so far. Markets, amazing....

Edited by zorro1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jokes aside you have no idea how much penny i have bought. And they still rising, unfortunately photo bucket isnt working for me. This isnt pretend money, we have one shot at the jackpot and you only need one to kick hard. for those that dont buy penny look at EXT on asx. I held 10,000 shares at .80 cents sold at 1.50

Zorro,

I dont want to tax your calculator but there are two sides to an investment. In other words 10,000 shares is a lot if we are talking say Apple but if the price is US$0.80 it is US$8,000 and if it really was 0.80 cents it would be US$80 dollars which I doubt you can invest in a stock.

Reminds me of a Thai investor who buys stocks below Bt1 because if he buys a million and they go up Bt1 he makes a Bt1m. I cannot think of one reason I would ever put US$8,000 into a stock. Assuming it went up 30% you would make US$2,400 which wouldnt even cover the cost of researching it.

And that's the problem with penny stocks, they are usually a joke, so you put in joke money and it makes no difference if it doubles.

To be honest if I did put US$8,000 into a stock and it doubled I would just be seriously pissed off.

So you have 50 of these things and all that happens is because you have so many they only go up say an average of 8%. And the one that goes to US$10 you sell at US$3 because it has gone up 3x and you know absolutely nothing about it. Surely you have to do better by picking 3 stocks you really believe in and splitting the money that way.

Edited by Abrak

And that's the problem with penny stocks, they are usually a joke, so you put in joke money and it makes no difference if it doubles.

To be honest if I did put US$8,000 into a stock and it doubled I would just be seriously pissed off.

Light bulbs come in various wattage's

Too much wattage could destroy some bulbs

It's all good :D

Many moons ago when I fancied myself a good card counter & made many trips

to the holy land Las Vegas I use to wonder about folks that played slots.

Especially the nickel & penny slots. In the end I cannot say for sure who made or loss more. Perhaps it was just a matter of the speed to win or lose? :)

Edited by flying

Talking about penny stocks here is one of my potential investment heroes with a slightly sad ending.

The other day I refered to deflating your way out of a debt crisis - the depression - as an experiment that the results were so awful it should not be repeated. I said I am sure that someone has tried crashing a car into a brick wall as an alternative to brakes but I doubt he repeated the experiment.

So take this massively heroic guy. He decided to invest 1000 shares in every stock he received as a recommendation in spam mail. The result as you can imagine was spectacularly disastrous. Between May 2005 and May 2006 he invested he invested US$71,000 which by 10th February 2007 was worth US$4,917 well over a 90% loss very quickly.

But here comes the really heroic part. On the the 10th of February 2007 he retired his portfolio (if you wish to call it that) and started the whole experiment again. Buying 1000 shares in every spam email. His new portfolio which he stopped investing in prior to the crash in December 2007 (being astute enough to stop investing before the shit hit the fan.) His new portfolio invested US$17,253 with a current value of US$595.

Unfortunately he eventually came clean and admitted he never invested a penny but simply tracked their prices. A sad take really of a potential hero who turned to dust.

Zorro,

I dont want to tax your calculator but there are two sides to an investment. In other words 10,000 shares is a lot if we are talking say Apple but if the price is US$0.80 it is US$8,000 and if it really was 0.80 cents it would be US$80 dollars which I doubt you can invest in a stock.

Reminds me of a Thai investor who buys stocks below Bt1 because if he buys a million and they go up Bt1 he makes a Bt1m. I cannot think of one reason I would ever put US$8,000 into a stock. Assuming it went up 30% you would make US$2,400 which wouldnt even cover the cost of researching it.

So you have 50 of these things and all that happens is because you have so many they only go up say an average of 8%. And the one that goes to US$10 you sell at US$3 because it has gone up 3x and you know absolutely nothing about it. Surely you have to do better by picking 3 stocks you really believe in and splitting the money that way.

not sure what you mean by the above :) I always carry around 8 penny which to me is a lot. I wean them out 1 at a time and move onto the next. All my stock are penny or up to the $1 range. ! mill shares in pen at 2.6 now 4.7 peaked at 6c still hold. All of them were/are up to 80% off their highs. It all depends where you think we are heading up or down. never held 50 pennies how could you control them? I thought 8 was a lot as I tend to buy large volume all have completed cap raising and my bids were same as Insto placement. 30% gain on a penny beats the hel_l out of sitting on BHP at 37$ for the last 6 months..

not sure what you mean by the above :) I always carry around 8 penny which to me is a lot. I wean them out 1 at a time and move onto the next. All my stock are penny or up to the $1 range. ! mill shares in pen at 2.6 now 4.7 peaked at 6c still hold. All of them were/are up to 80% off their highs. It all depends where you think we are heading up or down. never held 50 pennies how could you control them? I thought 8 was a lot as I tend to buy large volume all have completed cap raising and my bids were same as Insto placement. 30% gain on a penny beats the hel_l out of sitting on BHP at 37$ for the last 6 months..

I dont quite know whether your are taking the piss or not.

So don't you adjust your stops when a holding goes into profit? PEN are minus more than 20% from the high of 6 cents, but you are still holding?

So don't you adjust your stops when a holding goes into profit? PEN are minus more than 20% from the high of 6 cents, but you are still holding?

yes, I traded pen twice on the way up, both times it overshot the top bolly by 2 inches. Bought back in on retrace but always kept the same amount of shares. I have a lot of free carry and target s/term is 8c. This one isnt for sale anymore fundamentals brilliant , brilliant mgmnt

This ones LONG so is MII not for sale either.

Pen is also 80% up from when I bought , MII up 40% I cant see the problem :D

Anyway all good today , futures up as well Im fairly cashed up so play time again

Maybe soon be time to start shorting.

Dow still keeps making higher lows, but looking more likely that we will soon see lower highs and lower lows. There has been divergence with the MACD for some time now and this usually will indicate that the market will make a move down.

Failure to make new highs and a break below 9680 will be good enough confirmation for me to enter short, adding to the position on a break below 9430

post-12326-1257746265_thumb.jpg

As I've said before, I prefer the German DAX as an indicator as Germany does actually have an economy.

The DAX has already made a lower low and is currently pushing up again. 5520 and 5660 are the levels to watch for the market to turn down again.

post-12326-1257746909_thumb.jpg

I have to admit that I have recently done a bit of scalping with long positions on the miners (leveraged CFDs), just sniping the odd 1 or 2%, but don't imagine that I will be doing much more of that if the market does turn.

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles_detail.php?id=7190

Economic recovery signals strong

08.11.2009 03:27 AM

Green shoots of recovery are beginning to look like strong sapplings of growth, with indicators pulling strongly ahead in China, Britain, France and Italy the OECD said on Friday.

"A recovery is clearly visible in the United States, Japan and all other OECD economies and major non-OECD economies."

Edited by zorro1

Maybe soon be time to start shorting.

Dow still keeps making higher lows, but looking more likely that we will soon see lower highs and lower lows. There has been divergence with the MACD for some time now and this usually will indicate that the market will make a move down.

Failure to make new highs and a break below 9680 will be good enough confirmation for me to enter short, adding to the position on a break below 9430

post-12326-1257746265_thumb.jpg

As I've said before, I prefer the German DAX as an indicator as Germany does actually have an economy.

The DAX has already made a lower low and is currently pushing up again. 5520 and 5660 are the levels to watch for the market to turn down again.

post-12326-1257746909_thumb.jpg

I have to admit that I have recently done a bit of scalping with long positions on the miners (leveraged CFDs), just sniping the odd 1 or 2%, but don't imagine that I will be doing much more of that if the market does turn.

Im with you on that, around 9500 and the horns go in the closet. I very much doubt it though the jobs figures on Friday barley created a ripple in the media. The market supporting the figures made the medias job very difficult

....though the jobs figures on Friday barley created a ripple in the media. The market supporting the figures made the medias job very difficult

Unemployment figures don't always tell the whole story.

Many companies take the opportunity to cut out deadwood in a recession as they expect to get less opposition from the Unions.

So higher unemployment figures can sometimes indicate that companies are getting leaner and fitter with lower labour costs and so emerge from a recession with better margins, albeit on a lower turnover.

....though the jobs figures on Friday barley created a ripple in the media. The market supporting the figures made the medias job very difficult

Unemployment figures don't always tell the whole story.

Many companies take the opportunity to cut out deadwood in a recession as they expect to get less opposition from the Unions.

So higher unemployment figures can sometimes indicate that companies are getting leaner and fitter with lower labour costs and so emerge from a recession with better margins, albeit on a lower turnover.

I know but the media dont care. they want headlines. Headlines influence main st , sells papers." DOW CRASHES on massive job losses worse in 26 years"

Now thats a headline :) didnt happen, my point being the media influences investors. Anyhow the charts are looking very interesting. A very interesting week coming up

Green shoots of recovery are beginning to look like strong sapplings of growth, with indicators pulling strongly ahead in China, Britain, France and Italy the OECD said on Friday.

"A recovery is clearly visible in the United States, Japan and all other OECD economies and major non-OECD economies."

all blatant lies meant to hide a global conspiracy! you don't believe me? ask Midas, Flying and "the one that [sic] knows! :)

all blatant lies meant to hide a global conspiracy! you don't believe me? ask Midas, Flying and "the one that [sic] knows! :)

There are going to be some great numbers coming out. You know the inventory turn numbers are huge. I think in January of this year the whole world could have stopped manufacturing for about 3 weeks just to restore inventory to sales ratio. And there is still net destocking going on now.

By the way I know that inventory cycles and say their boost to GDP doesnt actually buy you a beer, so the growth they generate isnt of any interest.

Asian Markets Rally

By Colin Twiggs

November 9, 2:30 a.m. ET (6:30 p.m. AET)

These extracts from my trading diary are for educational purposes and should not be interpreted as investment or trading advice. Full terms and conditions can be found at Terms of Use.

The Dow Industrial Average recovered above 10000, but awaits confirmation from other indexes. Asia-Pacific markets responded positively on Monday, with strong gains on the ASX and Hang Seng indexes. Failure of the Dow to follow-through above 10100, however, will raise doubt about its ability to continue the advance.

<a class="noul" href="#china">China

The Shanghai Composite Index spent most of Monday testing short-term support at 3150 before rallying to test resistance at 3180. Narrow consolidation signals continuation of the up-trend.

20091109_ss.png Source: Yahoo Finance

Rising Twiggs Money Flow (21-day) indicates a resurgence of buyers. Breakout above 3100 signals an advance to 3500; retracement that respects the new support level (at 3100) would confirm. Reversal below 2950 is unlikely, but would indicate another test of primary support at 2700.

20091109_ssec.png The Hang Seng Index recovered above 22000 on Monday, signaling an advance to the upper trend channel at 24000*. Twiggs Money Flow (21-day) holding above zero indicates buying support. Reversal below the lower trend channel is unlikely, but would warn that the up-trend is weakening.

20091109_hsi.png * Target calculation: 22000 + ( 22000 - 20000 ) = 24000

Edited by zorro1

Are we expecting any major reports from USA tonight? futures up 94pts

If no major news then tomorrow looks very good. Long way to go yet but I would be feeling very nervous about now if I was shorting

I am in intrigued. I mean do you really just have a portfolio of 8 penny stocks that say you invested US$15,000 in each. Do you really think that buy 'big' volumes is 1 million shares (or I million shares at 2.6 cents) which probably wouldnt buy you 1 Berkshire Hathaway share. And then you watch the Dow Futures (and post twice in half and hour)? And are you surprised that your penny stocks are 80% off their highs? I mean isnt that why they are penny stocks? Or did you buy them after they IPOed as penny stocks? Surely you are taking the piss?

I do like a dry sense of humor though

Are we expecting any major reports from USA tonight? futures up 94pts

If no major news then tomorrow looks very good. Long way to go yet but I would be feeling very nervous abo

ut now if I was shorting

I am in intrigued. I mean do you really just have a portfolio of 8 penny stocks that say you invested US$15,000 in each. Do you really think that buy 'big' volumes is 1 million shares (or I million shares at 2.6 cents) which probably wouldnt buy you 1 Berkshire Hathaway share. And then you watch the Dow Futures (and post twice in half and hour)? And are you surprised that your penny stocks are 80% off their highs? I mean isnt that why they are penny stocks? Or did you buy them after they IPOed as penny stocks? Surely you are taking the piss?

I do like a dry sense of humor though

What are you on about? your suggesting 26k invested in one penny stock is not a lot ?. I have 8 penny stock , the rest are not penny they are $1-$2 dollar stock or more , you should read my posts, where did It say "my portfolio". Whats your point? Why not provide something constructive. The tall poppy syndrome is alive and well :)

I bought all my pennies 4-9 months ago, how did you figure I dropped 80%? all pennies dropped by that amount approx last year the difference is as I have stated correctly all along, we are in recovery and will sell them when they gain there 80% back. Something wrong with that ? :D

your taking the piss right?

Actually I never claim conspiracy Mamm

In fact quite the opposite.....I often say it is blatant not secretive at all.

While perhaps everything is coming up Roses where you live.......

Like I have said many times...Here I just use my eyes & ears.

This Australian? Report may say recovery is clearly? visible in the US....Yet I wonder if I would need a different US passport to see this US they speak of?

I just got back from a short trip to certain parts of the country & clear recovery I certainly did not see.

Trust me a clearly visible recovery will be most welcome here if it occurs.

Till then.......It will have to stay on the bullshit.com.AU or

http://naams-bullshit.blogspot.com/

But if you now feel that the stock market is the sign post of recovery then by all means keep those rose colored glasses on. :D

Edited by flying

This Australian? Report may say recovery is clearly? visible in the US....Yet I wonder if I would need a different US passport to see this US they speak of?

I just got back from a short trip to certain parts of the country & clear recovery I certainly did not see.

But if you now feel that the stock market is the sign post of recovery then by all means keep those rose colored glasses on. :D

"But if you now feel that the stock market is the sign post of recovery then by all means keep those rose colored glasses on"

Armani Glasses today :D

Abrak, Im not predicted anything, I simply look at the chart as a snapshot as of yesterday to tell me where I am. forecasting I can get from a fortune teller on sukhumvit, tea leaves or historical charts but not one of those will provide me with anything except a possibility. Fridays chart shows reality. Tell me something, are you aware that all 81 economists providing annalist for the jobs figure Friday got it wrong.? not 1 or 2 but all of them! Midas was closest to the pin but forecast a 1000 pt drop. :) Bloomberg I watched live as the numbers were released, and the w ords were Shocking, devastating, major set back, futures tumbling blah blah blah. And then the dow finishes green. If these people cant get it right what hope do T.V annalists have :D

I know you're a Dow man.

post-25601-1257610318_thumb.png

Thanks for that my chart shows exactly the same

That's odd, because you keep saying the Dow hasn't broken its uptrend line, which the chart shows it has. Unless you're using linear charts and I don't know any traders using those.

Hey lanaberth, would you mind posting an updated chart of the dow please? last time you had one up within 2 minutes of me mentioning it. Think it may take a bit longer this time :D

I know you're a Dow man.

post-25601-1257610318_thumb.png

Thanks for that my chart shows exactly the same

That's odd, because you keep saying the Dow hasn't broken its uptrend line, which the chart shows it has. Unless you're using linear charts and I don't know any traders using those.

Hey lanaberth, would you mind posting an updated chart of the dow please? last time you had one up within 2 minutes of me mentioning it. Think it may take a bit longer this time :)

It's the same chart. I have dozens filed that are self updating:

post-25601-1257825733_thumb.png

As to the so called " integrity " of the stock market I just read this statement.................:-

" The world is much closer to running out of oil than official estimates admit, according to a whistleblower at the International Energy Agency who claims it has been deliberately underplaying a looming shortage for fear of triggering panic buying.

The senior official claims the US has played an influential role in encouraging the watchdog to underplay the rate of decline from existing oil fields while overplaying the chances of finding new reserves."

I thought to myself NEVER.......the USA would never distort figures to prevent panic buying or selling in any market :)

Key oil figures were distorted by US pressure, says whistleblower

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009...l-energy-agency

Well I can tell you what is making world wide news on every TV and newspaper

"Dow surges to 13 month high on investor on confidence"

plus lots of dramatic shots of the ticker LOL . The V is against all odds looking strong. Keep telling people never bet against the markets when its trending . Those that are still sitting on their hands just remember the market came down the same way its going up ie very very quickly and we havnt even seen massive volumes yet. IMO the climb from 12000-15000 will be the quickest, most prefer to buy high for "confirmation" they dont like risk, just a steady 8% return, god bless em :)

before the bears rip down the bull Pen, yes we will more than likely have a red day tomorrow :D

P,s Anyone seen Midas? theres a farang at the end of my street selling boiled rice 4bht a bowl. Was to scared to ask :D

// Flying, purely by accident I was taken back to the 1st page where you posted this on AUG2nd . Have you really stayed out for 3 months? Really you shouldn't be making any comments about rose colored glasses :D

Like I said definitely a crossroad but logically I am 99% certain we have nowhere to go but down.

//

Edited by zorro1