Dial Up Internet Speed.

TizMe

McAfee Internet Speedometer

CSLOX in Pattaya: Connection speed 21.6 Kbps

File Size:  150.005 KB 

Time Elapsed:  126.802 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Speed  9.44 Kbps :o No speeding fines this Xmas.  :D

(1.18 KBps)

I just ran the test again.

File Size: 150.005 KB

Time Elapsed: 72.945 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16.48 Kbps

(2.06 KBps)

This is using the 1222 dial up to JI Net. I never had it so good... :D

16.48???

yr phone line is probably noisy.

ive used e-go and smart by 1222 at bangkok/chumphon/songkhla/surat thani and nakhon si thamarat and always get 50 to 56 kbps.

with the exception of an appartment in hatyai where the building uses some sort of antique internal telephone system which gives me crappy connectiong with whichever ISP whatever the number.

could it be that the speed test was incorrect and when u download u actually get the proper bandwidth??

16.48???

yr phone line is probably noisy.

ive used e-go and smart by 1222 at bangkok/chumphon/songkhla/surat thani and nakhon si thamarat and always get 50 to 56 kbps.

with the exception of an appartment in hatyai where the building uses some sort of antique internal telephone system which gives me crappy connectiong with whichever ISP whatever the number.

could it be that the speed test was incorrect and when u download u actually get the proper bandwidth??

The phone line is very noisy. My connection speed will never exceed 19.2 kbps, but to get 16.48 in the test is excellant.

The speed tests seem acurate to me.

So what aroused you to make a new thread? 19.2 kbs is very close to 16.48kbs ....

You may have been getting 50 to 56 kbps between your modem and the ISP as shown in the status of your connection, but I doubt that any 1222 connection would be giving you that speed on the internet.

Its like, yes I have a 56k modem, but that isn't the slowest link.

Yes I have a connection to my ISP of 19.2K but that still isn't the slowest link.

When I performed the test of actual data transfer rate using the Mcfee Speed test, it usually shows that my real speed is normally between 9 and 12 k.

So, on 2005-03-01 I noticed a great improvment of my surfing speed and re-ran the test. It showed that for some reason my true data transfer rate had improved dramatically.

Hence the post.

i get connected at 50 to 56 kbps and i know that is not just the speed my modem and the ISP but the speed between my modem and the rest of the world....

i dont need some speed test to tell me that, ive never faced any problems with it. and do download stuff at ~6 to 7 KB/seconds.

i am still unable to understand the point ur tryin to make.

when u r on a crappy phone line, the crappiness varies from time to time, sometime u get a better con and sometimes not.

Yes I have a connection to my ISP of 19.2K but that still isn't the slowest link.

no believe me that is the slowest link(crappy line u admited that). unless u have a 386 computer, or your computer settings r screwed or sumthin.

have u tried other ISPs the non 1222 ones? had gr8 surfin wid them??