Farang Women Meetup?

alaina

Maybe we could have a meetup close to the end of the month (March) to chat with everybody that posts and lurks around here.

So, please post if there is any interest in a gathering. What day is good for everybody... Fridays, like the 18th or 25th? Or maybe another Wednesdays at Witches Tavern (FREE DRINKS!) the 23rd or 30th?

Thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh! Free drinks sounds good! :o

I think it would be great to meet up, put faces to the texts! :D

Witches Tavern sounds good, Thong Lo kind of a central area.

Weekends are the best for me!

Witches Tavern sounds good, Thong Lo kind of a central area.

Couldn't agree more. My colleague named 'Ae' is a part-time singer there too.

I fancy a booze-up :o

Cheers :D

I kind of got the impression from your posts that you were of a male gender, have you read the title of this thread?

or is it open house?

Edited by toastwars

I wouldn't mind meeting either one of you over a couple of beers :o but it depends on whether or not the other ladies want to meet each other first.

Maybe we can do two different meet ups - with men and without.

Up to you.

The Toast has been out on forum meets before so can be vouched for, as a poo dii ankrit. Alas and Alack he will be back in blighty on said dates and is not partying much due to lack of beer tokens, thnx for your offers tho...be back soon

I'd love to meet everybody, but I think we should do a ladies meet up first so we can do a bit of female bonding (Don't bother with a dirty remark there Twars! I know your thinking about it! :o ) and then we'll have a bit of security among us gals for when we all meet up with guys and gals! :D

Just a thought, but I'd like to go that route first?

Whaddya think Ladies?

My thought was that it would be nice to bond with some people who may have similar experiences here, and being female here can be a very different experience than being male.

But I think excluding the guys isn't necessary to do this. I think what it shouldn't be is a singles meeting, many of the women who may join the gathering may not be single after all or single but not really looking...

But that's just my opinion.

::Hijacking own thread::

LadyinRed  Posted Today, 2005-03-03 17:09:03

Ladies I wish I can join - I am living in Phuket though

I just got a good job offer in Phuket. What's it like being a female expat there?

please resume the regularly scheduled thread...

Pearl,

It's not too bad here if you enjoy the sun, sand and sea. Phuket has plenty of beautiful beaches to offer. I also took up scuba diving while I'm here.

For females, I am sad to say I haven't got much female friends. In another thread I commented that Phuket is more of a guy's place than a gal's place, but then again, I may be wrong because perhaps I haven't been to the 'right places'?

It will be nice to have you here. What job placement are you considering in Phuket?

Pearl,

It's not too bad here if you enjoy the sun, sand and sea. Phuket has plenty of beautiful beaches to offer. I also took up scuba diving while I'm here.

For females, I am sad to say I haven't got much female friends. In another thread I commented that Phuket is more of a guy's place than a gal's place, but then again, I may be wrong because perhaps I haven't been to the 'right places'?

It will be nice to have you here. What job placement are you considering in Phuket?

The University I work for is starting a new school there. They keep changing their minds over what kind of school though, depending on what looks most prestigious at a particular moment. My boss is more interested in becoming Khunying than running a school so I'm keeping my options open.

I would love to meet new girl friends first.  Then maybe we can do another outing with some guys.  We can always PM each other.

Last outing in BKK I was the only lad!! :o Good laff never the less!!!

I'd agree if you want to keep it exclusively female - best use PM!!!

Boo- I'd vouch for you anyday too!!! :D

Edited by britmaveric

Well then the next time before I go to BKK I'll check in here to see if there is a gathering :D

Well if we arrange it say a month in advance, at a weekend, I think we could all free up a day in our scheduals to meet in Bkk?

Would you travel up for a get together LinR?

Would like as many of us ladies as poss to meet! :o

Anyone wanna throw out a date? I'm pretty non commited, so I'll let those with the busy scheduals choose :D

I'd love to come too, but lack of funds and a babysitter I'm afraid..

Are you located far from Bkk Tattytam?

Looking to give at least a months notice for this little rendevous! So perhaps enough time to find a sitter? :o

Be great if you could come!

So for a ladies meet up we've got Pearl, Kat, Lola, Boo, Lady in Red (would you travel up?) and me so far!

Any other gals out there? :D

I would be keen Shola!

My friends are going up to BKK from Phuket sometime after the 20th this month for 2-3 days and I would tag along if the gathering could be around that time! :o