Chiang Mai Water Delivery

freddy123

Ok after a half hour of searching using the brilliant "search" function I know how to get water delievered if Im in Bangkok but I can't find anything about Chiang mai, mainly due to the fact that every page on thaivisa has the text "chiang mai" on it somewhere, so there seems to be no way to narrow the search down to a certain subform.

Im pretty sure there was a topic about how people get their water delievered about a month or so ago. Can anyone find that, maybe if you posted a message in it you could find it though the account page. Can anyone give me the link, or tell me how to get water delievered, Id be happy with just getting the 6L nestle ones for a couple of months. (I don't have car)

Also is there a way to narrow your search to subforums?

Thanks

Ok after a half hour of searching using the brilliant "search" function I know how to get water delievered if Im in Bangkok but I can't find anything about Chiang mai, mainly due to the fact that every page on thaivisa has the text "chiang mai" on it somewhere, so there seems to be no way to narrow the search down to a certain subform.

Im pretty sure there was a topic about how people get their water delievered about a month or so ago. Can anyone find that, maybe if you posted a message in it you could find it though the account page. Can anyone give me the link, or tell me how to get water delievered, Id be happy with just getting the 6L nestle ones for a couple of months. (I don't have car)

Also is there a way to narrow your search to subforums?

Thanks

Not sure where in C.M. you live, but here's the name & phone number of the company we get ours from.

315 Wattana Co.Ltd. 053-868318 / 089-9534818

Not sure where in C.M. you live, but here's the name & phone number of the company we get ours from.

315 Wattana Co.Ltd. 053-868318 / 089-9534818

Thanks guys, Do they speak English? Cause my Thai isn't up to that yet. What sort of water do they deliever? I'd prefer a brand name, cause im not going to be here all that long and I can afford the extra cost, even if its only for peace of mind.

I'm near wat jed yot, near rincum intersection (superhighway and huey gow)

What sort of water do they deliever? I'd prefer a brand name, cause im not going to be here all that long and I can afford the extra cost, even if its only for peace of mind.

Freddy 123 --

You asked about water delivery.

Some observations and suggestions:

The "delivered" water I have tasted here is not very tasty.

Uses the cheap, reverse osmosis process that removes any flavor.

To sample the taste -- before ordering delivery -- go to 7-Eleven and buy the cheapest drinking water in the cold beverage display.

It is in a milky-white, plastic, bottle -- not glass, not clear plastic.

If you are satisfied with that taste, then you will be satisfied with the taste of "delivered" water.

I don't like the taste at all.

Plus, in Thailand, I try to avoid the cheapest of anything, especially food or water.

My solution is to go to Rimping Supermarket, select the brand of water I like best, and they will deliver it free.

Rimping always has someone on duty who speaks decent English -- enough to get your delivery instructions.

Or, to make it very easy, just take the name card of your condo or apartment building and hand it to them.

I order three cases at a time: 54 liters.

The delivery man brings the water up the lift on a wheeled dolly and carries it right into my kitchen.

Saves me the trouble of lifting and carrying.

Minimum purchase for delivery at Rimping is 1,000 baht.

May combine all your groceries to reach the minimum, then get delivery of just the water, while you carry home the milk and eggs.

Very convenient.

Now about the brand of water.

Taste is my main consideration -- not cost.

I went to the supermarket and bought one bottle of many kinds of drinking water and mineral water, including imported brands.

Then I lined them up on the kitchen counter and did a taste test.

To my taste, the best by far is a Thai brand: Pi Water.

In second place is Singha water -- nowhere near as tasty as Pi Water, but certainly acceptable.

At Rimping you can buy Pi and Singha water by the case.

No discount for buying an entire case, though.

I buy some of both:

Pi for drinking; Singha for cooking rice, making tea, brushing teeth, Etc.

Pi is only available in 500 ml. and 1.5 liter bottles.

Singha is available in many sizes, including the big carboys, but I don't know where to buy the large sizes.

Singha is available everywhere in Thailand: www.boonrawd.co.th

Pi Water is available in Chiangmai at Rimping: www.nanologyshop.com

For those who do speak Thai, the name is ไพ "pie", not ผี "pee" -- big difference!

-- Oneman

flash_rbar.jpg

post-42045-1249318298_thumb.png post-42045-1249318373_thumb.png

Edited by Oneman

What sort of water do they deliever? I'd prefer a brand name, cause im not going to be here all that long and I can afford the extra cost, even if its only for peace of mind.

Freddy 123 --

You asked about water delivery.

Some observations and suggestions:

The "delivered" water I have tasted here is not very tasty.

post-42045-1249318298_thumb.png post-42045-1249318373_thumb.png

it's possible to get good "clean" water delivered we get Singha water, but I don’t have a phone no. they was driving in the area then we saw them first time and they come by once a week with new, I think they don’t go everywhere because the delivery we had in our old house would not drive to our new house which was only 2 km away, so try to look after a truck with water in the neighborhood and try the clear glass bottles “not the plastic you can’t look truth”

/Claus

Can anyone give me the link, or tell me how to get water delievered, Id be happy with just getting the 6L nestle ones for a couple of months.

You can order 6L Nestle bottled water from 053498581 and delivered to your place.

They sell it per carton. 1 carton box contains 4 bottles 6L each = 24L.