Thai/fa-rang Kids

kurva

[

just turn on the thai TV channels, they're TV stars, pop stars, models ...

There might be an odd one or two but they will have to have something special, and I guess come from an influential background.

Must admit I've never seen one doing a regular job here in Pattaya.

we found our kids were bored with the priv ed in Thailand so we headed back to oz so they can get a few more choices in life when they leave yr 12, who knows they will most probably just sit on the beach all day but at least we tried

Yes a true (I think) observation...I have a child who is 5 years old now and I hope he will go to the UK when he older to work and live. There does not seem to be much to offer him here..Maybe thats what all or most parents of Thai/farang children think...We are going over in 3 weeks time and he will go to school there for 3 months...Maybe some children grow up here and have a successful career here but...Yes there is a lot of film/soap stars here who are half farang ...

Have seen a German/Thai offspring working in a gogo in Pattaya before who could only speak Thai and was a Katoey!

Yeah, that is really true. You really don't see anywhere near as many mixed 25-30 year olds as you do mixed 5-15 year olds but that is probably just because of the influx of farang these last 10-20 years.

Every time I leave the house I see some 55 year old dude with an infant!

It really is only the past 12 years or so that it has become popular to live and breed offspring here, previously Farangs would take ther wifes back to wherever and live so not many Look Krungs are of the working age yet...give it another 15 years and you will start seeing them woking everywhere.....there is one that is a cleaner in Tesco Hua Hin...not related but I wonder how the proud Thais feel about being bred out :)

There are many on TV and there will be more and more as they get to working age.

One thing I have noticed is the importance Thais put on white skin. After watch Thai TV soaps and then looking around the local people the only common factor was the language. I live in Bangkok BTW.

Jeez even Miss Thailand what a tall half farang, with white skin and big knockers. MMMMMM, that respesents Thai beauty, ..........NOT

Although they did disqualify her later, due to some discretion. Oh yes, she wasnt a virgin or had a boyfriend. Oh how the conservative values of the Thais must have been shaken.

Although not relevant or true, my mate had a quiant saying, <snip>.

Edited by raro
as you said, it is not true, so no need to post it here!

It really is only the past 12 years or so that it has become popular to live and breed offspring here, previously Farangs would take ther wifes back to wherever and live so not many Look Krungs are of the working age yet...give it another 15 years and you will start seeing them woking everywhere.....there is one that is a cleaner in Tesco Hua Hin...not related but I wonder how the proud Thais feel about being bred out :)

so you don't think there would be any discrimination against the half fa-rang kids getting the job as opposed to a full Thai , as this discussion comes up many times in our bar meetings .many say that Thais would be put first,i have a long way to go as my daughter is only 10 months old and i hope she aims higher than a cleaner in tesco.i have raised 4 Thai family members and 2 have came to nothing 1 i have high hope s for but the one i thought would do well has came to a stand still.in my daughters case i will be proud of what ever she chooses to do.thanks for the replys .

so you don't think there would be any discrimination against the half fa-rang kids getting the job as opposed to a full Thai , as this discussion comes up many times in our bar meetings .many say that Thais would be put first,i have a long way to go as my daughter is only 10 months old and i hope she aims higher than a cleaner in tesco.i have raised 4 Thai family members and 2 have came to nothing 1 i have high hope s for but the one i thought would do well has came to a stand still.in my daughters case i will be proud of what ever she chooses to do.thanks for the replys .

Why would there be discrimination, if the kid is only a Thai national and was brought up and educated in Thailand???...bar meetings and what people say is one thing, fact and actual events are another

the reality is the mixed children may look thai but chances are they will think like an outsider and that will put them at odds with the natural thai. my solution is the have my sons in a position to work for themselves here and of course if they want a job in the states they will have no problem even if they look thai they will still think like and american.

There are a few that make it (that is, make it outside of the world of "entertainment" meat grinder), but by and large IMO there's a glass ceiling. Some move away, but IMO most just settle down into being regular folks in regular jobs.

:)

querulous to know where all the Thai/FARANG KIDS GO TO WHEN THEY LEAVE SCHOOL OR COLLAGE AND WHAT JOBS THEY GET ,AS I HAVENT SEEN ANY AROUND .

Suggest you look up the meaning of the word "Querulous".

no need.

Why would there be discrimination, if the kid is only a Thai national and was brought up and educated in Thailand???...bar meetings and what people say is one thing, fact and actual events are another

my daughter is half Thai, the other 4 are full Thai.they are now all 20 and above, we took them on from 4/5 year olds.great kids but lack ambition.very few problems with them over the years.3 are working one still at collage.

querulous to know where all the Thai/FARANG KIDS GO TO WHEN THEY LEAVE SCHOOL OR COLLAGE AND WHAT JOBS THEY GET ,AS I HAVENT SEEN ANY AROUND .

he was communicating and looks to me as if he managed that as all the answering members seem to have understood what he meant.

communication takes all forms, maybe he isnt a native speaker, but I understood him without judgement.

no need.

Touche!

I have also seen the one in tescos hua hin and wondered about her.

The thing is she doesnt look in anyway thai, just looks like a farang girl.

Have heard her speaking fluent thai though.

he was communicating and looks to me as if he managed that as all the answering members seem to have understood what he meant.

communication takes all forms, maybe he isnt a native speaker, but I understood him without judgement.

thanks for the support, but i have to admit i am a native speaker and the reason for the word querulous came about by my daughter, who happened to be sitting on my lap while i was typing out this post and as my spelling was one of my shortcoming's i had used the spell check because i was not sure if curious began with a qu or c , anyway she had managed to hit the keyboard a few time s also that's how i ended up with some words all capitals.and i had sent before i noticed by then 2 late.not an excuse just a true life happening.i would like to thank all for the replies , even the snide ones which i had anticipated and also querulous is a word , so you see you learn something every day.cheers again to all.