Thai Atm Cards In America & The Banks In The Airport

MisterMan

HI,

I am leaving soon for a trip back and would like to know if any of the banks ATMS work in the states.

I know the banks say they do but I would like to hear from anyone who has personal experience.

Also is the exchange rate at the airport lower then outside the airport for example at the SCB Bank?

Thank you ..

They have told my wife that it works, but are unclear as to cost.  I would like also to hear from someone that has used a Thai Bank card in the US or EU.  Getting there and finding it not working would be a problem.  I am sure using it if it works is as easy as the use of my card here, and a 150 baht fine for being non Thai.  Do all banks collude and fine for using Thai Bank cards in the US and EU?

Just for curiosity sake, I tried my Siam Commercial Bank ATM card in a US ATM machine. It would NOT work. I would suggest you contact your Thai bank to see if they need to do anything with your account to make the card work.

Just for curiosity sake, I tried my Siam Commercial Bank ATM card in a US ATM machine. It would NOT work. I would suggest you contact your Thai bank to see if they need to do anything with your account to make the card work.

And then I would have to trust that they actually did it. hahah

I got my answer.

PS I do know they work in Malaysia by the way.

HI,

I am leaving soon for a trip back and would like to know if any of the banks ATMS work in the states.

I know the banks say they do but I would like to hear from anyone who has personal experience.

Also is the exchange rate at the airport lower then outside the airport for example at the SCB Bank?

Thank you ..

Yes, last year I used my Siam Commercial Bank ATM card in the U.S.

At first I didn't think it worked but then realized I wasn't functioning the machine correctly. I can't remember what the difference was in the machine, but in the end it did work.

I would like to see an answer to the 2nd question that was asked- Is the rate of exchange at the airport the same as everywhere else or is it less????

way less......................

Why would the exchange rate at the airport be way less? I think this is bad info.

I can take around 100,000 baht a day out of my kasikorn account using my ATM card, anywhere in the world.

So why then can i only take 10,000b cash out of the country? (as the signs at the airport say)

Anyone wanting to take a large sum from Thailand can just stick it into a kasikorn account, call the kasikorn 24/7 online call centre and ask for their limit to be increased and for the ability to make international withdrawals. It instant.

I took 80,000 out in one hit and the money got jammed in the ATM in the UK (where most banks usually only let you take 300 quid out a day). All the money came out at once and i had to tear the money to get it out (sticky taped the money back together)!!!

Edited by CrossBones