Thai French Beef

bankruatsteve

I used to do weekly trips to Bangkok and pick up sirloin steaks from the Thai-French butcher in Sukhumvit soi 33/5 (accross from the Villa). I live in Buriram province and enjoy to BBQ the steaks for the farangs here (they say the "best" steak they ever have). Anyway... it's just too expensive for me to travel to Bangkok these days so wondering if there are any similar Thai-French outlets in the Isan area?

Korat, Buriram, or Surin would be the closest places for me - but also have mates in Udon so: basically looking for good place to buy good steaks at good price. FYI: the place I used to get my sirloin steaks cost about 200 baht for 600 gram steak. I would grill then cut in 1/2 for our parties and they were PERFECT.

Thanks for any information on this.

Cheers.

Hi,

why you not speak with the butcher that he send every week a pack with the train from Bangkok to Buriram, you only have to pick up it the next morning in Buriram. The sister from my wife send on this way cookies in big cartons for 100 Baht each. Something like this is also possible with the bus to Buriram.

xdefax

I used to do weekly trips to Bangkok and pick up sirloin steaks from the Thai-French butcher in Sukhumvit soi 33/5 (accross from the Villa). I live in Buriram province and enjoy to BBQ the steaks for the farangs here (they say the "best" steak they ever have). Anyway... it's just too expensive for me to travel to Bangkok these days so wondering if there are any similar Thai-French outlets in the Isan area?

Korat, Buriram, or Surin would be the closest places for me - but also have mates in Udon so: basically looking for good place to buy good steaks at good price. FYI: the place I used to get my sirloin steaks cost about 200 baht for 600 gram steak. I would grill then cut in 1/2 for our parties and they were PERFECT.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Some years ago I visited the Thai French farm and processing centre south of Sakon Nakhon. There was an excellent steak restaurant on the property and meat was available for sale. I presume that the facility is still there.

Their Breeding and processing plant is about 20 km South East of Sakon Nakhon.

Ponyangkhram Livestock Breeding Cooperative (Thai French Beef)

Phone them on 04 271 4397 or 04 271 4319 to get your nearest retail outlet. Probably need to speak Thai

This topic is very close to my heart, the stomach counts as being close to the heart doesn't it? :)

I did a bit of searching on the net yesterday Steve and I found more than a couple of meat suppliers in Bangkok, but they were all aimed at the export market (minimum order 4 tonnes etc etc) ...... getting your current supplier to organise a frozen 'red cross' parcel every couple of weeks is probably the way to go, and you know that the quality will be what you expect that way.

Or perhaps a member who also runs a restaurant has a better suggestion (you're not exactly setting up in competition)

Edited by Thaddeus

I used to fly past this place in Khon Kaen (maybe not flying as using a Yamaha Fino :) ) and found these details on khonkaen.com:

"we have been the sole supplier of the Thai-French Meat since 2008 from Sakhan Nakhon. The row beef is vacuum packed and available in all types in various pieces.

if you like to give a try to this famous quality meat why do not you try to visit the BON APPETIT SHOP or call the below number to order or visit ;

แผนที่ไปร้าน BON APPETIT BEEF

256/63 ซ.เวชยันต์ ( ซ.รอบเมือง 13) ถ. รอบเมือง ต.ในเมือง อ.เมือง จ.ขอนแก่น 40000 โทร.081-3803317

256/63 Soi Wechayan (Soi Robmuang 13)

Rob Muang road Tambon Naimuang Amphur Muang Khonkaen 40000

Call: 081- 3803317

Enjoy !!!"

Haven't tried their steaks myself but maybe an option for you.

Their Breeding and processing plant is about 20 km South East of Sakon Nakhon.

Ponyangkhram Livestock Breeding Cooperative (Thai French Beef)

Phone them on 04 271 4397 or 04 271 4319 to get your nearest retail outlet. Probably need to speak Thai

Thanks for the info. Taking notes!! :)

I used to fly past this place in Khon Kaen (maybe not flying as using a Yamaha Fino :) ) and found these details on khonkaen.com:

"we have been the sole supplier of the Thai-French Meat since 2008 from Sakhan Nakhon. The row beef is vacuum packed and available in all types in various pieces.

if you like to give a try to this famous quality meat why do not you try to visit the BON APPETIT SHOP or call the below number to order or visit ;

แผนที่ไปร้าน BON APPETIT BEEF

256/63 ซ.เวชยันต์ ( ซ.รอบเมือง 13) ถ. รอบเมือง ต.ในเมือง อ.เมือง จ.ขอนแก่น 40000 โทร.081-3803317

256/63 Soi Wechayan (Soi Robmuang 13)

Rob Muang road Tambon Naimuang Amphur Muang Khonkaen 40000

Call: 081- 3803317

Enjoy !!!"

Haven't tried their steaks myself but maybe an option for you.

I have made many 2 hour drives from Kalasin to Sakhon Nakhon to purchase their Quality Beef... Also found the shop in Khon Kaen and purchased several steaks from them... Their product is truly from the Thai-French location in Sakhon Nakhon, but much small cuts than I usually order when I go their myself.... The lady in Khon Kaen said that we could place an order for what and how we wanted it cut and they would have it in 3 days.... Their pricing seemed to be in line with the prices at the source, so may try that next time...

Pianoman