Having A Thai Farang Baby

LaoPo

Having a Thai Farang Baby - How do you know it's yours ?...do you check by means of a DNA test ? :)

I know this could be a shocking thread but my question (and answer) is justified and legitimate!

Too many parents, most of the time the men within the relationship, are not aware that the baby is NOT theirs but also: most of the time the mothers DO know....this does not only happen abroad in the West but also in Thailand.

1. In another thread where the husband was murdered (in Pattaya in 2003) it was found out that the woman he married, and who had already a baby (which he adopted) had a 3rd baby (after they both had their own; her 2nd baby).

She told her husband that it was his baby although she knew it was from her Thai lover/boyfriend, later convicted murderer and sentenced to death.*

2. In another case, it is known by me and friends that an older -mid fifties- Farang married a 30 years younger Thai girl who already had a child. He takes good care of this child and considers her to be his own child (he was childless during his earlier lifetime and never married as well).

They got a baby.....but not his. He was absent, due to his work, for longer periods...

He doesn't know it is not his child

I am trying to find out HOW someone knows it is his or her child or do most men prefer to let it be....?

In my own circles, in Farang-land, I know of two cases that the babies were not the fathers' within the marriage.

Last June a woman in The Hague/Holland confessed to her husband, who was present during the delivery of a baby, that she made a mistake by sleeping with a black man 9 months prior, only once she said...the baby was dark. He left in complete shock.

Many years ago a woman in a city nearby where I live, delivered twins; her husband was present also. The problem was that the twins were Chinese looking. She worked in a Chinese restaurant..... :D

* http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Murder-Case-...16#entry2751616

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this being any more a Thai-farang issue than it is anywhere else. With the exception of the guys who get off the plane and marry the first girl who smiles at them, then come here a year later and post about how untrustworthy Thai women are.

Take all these inquiries, suspiscions, and situations and then change the locale and Mother. Would the child in question be 'yours' if it was Australian or American or German or Cabadian or British or Norwegian or......

Having a Thai Farang Baby - How do you know it's yours ?...do you check by means of a DNA test ? :)

I know this could be a shocking thread but my question (and answer) is justified and legitimate!

Too many parents, most of the time the men within the relationship, are not aware that the baby is NOT theirs but also: most of the time the mothers DO know....this does not only happen abroad in the West but also in Thailand.

1. In another thread where the husband was murdered (in Pattaya in 2003) it was found out that the woman he married, and who had already a baby (which he adopted) had a 3rd baby (after they both had their own; her 2nd baby).

She told her husband that it was his baby although she knew it was from her Thai lover/boyfriend, later convicted murderer and sentenced to death.*

2. In another case, it is known by me and friends that an older -mid fifties- Farang married a 30 years younger Thai girl who already had a child. He takes good care of this child and considers her to be his own child (he was childless during his earlier lifetime and never married as well).

They got a baby.....but not his. He was absent, due to his work, for longer periods...

I am trying to find out HOW someone knows it is his or her child or do most men prefer to let it be....?

In my own circles, in Farang-land, I know of two cases that the babies were not the fathers' within the marriage.

Last June a woman in The Hague/Holland confessed to her husband, who was present during the delivery of a baby, that she made a mistake by sleeping with a black man 9 months prior, only once she said...the baby was dark. He left in complete shock.

Many years ago a woman in a city nearby where I live, delivered twins; her husband was present also. The problem was that the twins were Chinese looking. She worked in a Chinese restaurant..... :D

LaoPo

Sorry to say this, but if you are having a baby and you are genuinely worried about whether it's yours then you are not with the right woman, or she is not with the right man, whichever. I don't doubt that these things happen everywhere in the world but I think deep down you know yourself if you can trust your wife or not.

You didn't actually mention if you are having a baby, are you? or is it just a general question to wind up the members and invite the inevitable sarcasm?

Facial characteristics should be a giveaway. Any child that I've ever seen that doesn't have the same facial features has always been the child of another man. Stating the obvious here I know.

The couple of foreigners here in Thailand that have fathered kids that they knew weren't their own did so 'out of love' for the child, I don't know if that's considered 'letting it be'.

Regards Bojo

Sorry to say this, but if you are having a baby and you are genuinely worried about whether it's yours then you are not with the right woman, or she is not with the right man, whichever. I don't doubt that these things happen everywhere in the world but I think deep down you know yourself if you can trust your wife or not.

You didn't actually mention if you are having a baby, are you? or is it just a general question to wind up the members and invite the inevitable sarcasm?

If you would have been reading my OP properly you would have seen it's not about me; personally, I am not worried. I have 2 children and 4 grandchildren.

It was a genuine question and not a wind up or being sarcastic. Many on this forum know me and will know I'm not the kind of member posting troll issues or wind ups.

I gave 2 examples of children who were born in Thailand, not from the father/husband in the family; one of those non-fathers was murdered; hardly an issue to post a wind up with.

I do not understand why people consider this as a personal or sarcastic issue because the question was -again- genuine and meant to be honest.

It is better to know now than later. If anyone has doubts, it's better to check if one is the father.....or not.

Just my own opinion.

LaoPo

If you would have been reading my OP properly you would have seen it's not about me; personally, I am not worried. I have 2 children and 4 grandchildren.

It was a genuine question and not a wind up or being sarcastic. Many on this forum know me and will know I'm not the kind of member posting troll issues or wind ups.

I gave 2 examples of children who were born in Thailand, not from the father/husband in the family; one of those non-fathers was murdered; hardly an issue to post a wind up with.

I do not understand why people consider this as a personal or sarcastic issue because the question was -again- genuine and meant to be honest.

It is better to know now than later. If anyone has doubts, it's better to check if one is the father.....or not.

Just my own opinion.

LaoPo

Yeah fine, but this is a Thailand forum (largely) and I fail to see what's special about Thailand in this respect (OK keep your shirt on, I know you said as much yourself).

Isn't it more relevant to ask if this is a bigger problem here than elsewhere (possibly) and if so why and allow people to respond constructively (aside from the idiot comments that are inevitable).

I've seen quite a few farang/thai couples with a young child (not a baby, but maybe 18 months when the features start to get stronger) when my wife and I look at one another with that "surely he's not the father" face. Maybe he knows, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. If he isn't, at least the kid is likely getting a better life than it would under different circumstances, so there is at least one winner in the triangle.

My daughter looks just like me, sadly for her, and were it not for the fact she is dark skinned I'd challenge anyone to say she had any Thai in her at all. In which case, I guess it could go the other way, so just because the child looks 100% Thai does not mean daddy was a motorbike taxi driver.

As for my daughter, I'm getting a DNA test to see who the real mother is.........

Yeah fine, but this is a Thailand forum (largely) and I fail to see what's special about Thailand in this respect.

Is it difficult for you to read and what the topic TITLE is about ? :)

But, it's amazing how "itchy" some react about this sensitive issue.

I'd say that 99% of the fathers are 100% sure the baby is "his".

The reality is, unfortunately, sometimes different, as I described in the first post.

LaoPo

I am 100% sure Chase is mine. I trust my wife and you can tell he is a mixed baby. My wife never dated a Farang before and I was with her 100% of the time when Chase was conceived. The embassy did not ask for a DNA test also, they felt the same after questioning my wife.

If is to count back to see if you where there when she was Ovulating. It around 14 days after her period starts. I know my wife cycle, That is how I plan my trips to come see her, It work for our son Chase.

I am 100% sure Chase is mine. I trust my wife and you can tell he is a mixed baby. My wife never dated a Farang before and I was with her 100% of the time when Chase was conceived. The embassy did not ask for a DNA test also, they felt the same after questioning my wife.

If is to count back to see if you where there when she was Ovulating. It around 14 days after her period starts. I know my wife cycle, That is how I plan my trips to come see her, It work for our son Chase.

A DNA test will prove conclusivly if your the farther or not :)

A DNA test will prove conclusivly if your the farther or not :)

I would love to know how many husband would ever ask there wives for a DNA test in any part of the world. You are outright telling your wife you don't trust her.

Sure if you been gone for a year then I can see that.

I understand accidents happen and if it were a newer relationship and a question of child support was at stake then yes, a DNA test would be prudent. Otherwise, if you have to ask your wife for a DNA test are you really married to the right person?

I understand accidents happen and if it were a newer relationship and a question of child support was at stake then yes, a DNA test would be prudent.

Otherwise, if you have to ask your wife for a DNA test are you really married to the right person?

True; if you have to ask your wife for a DNA test it means one has doubts about her fidelity....but if she has nothing to hide she would not hesitate one second.

But I agree that in most relationships it is, at least, not a pleasant question to ask and a reason for lots of trouble.

But if one has doubts...what to do ? :)

LaoPo

My daughter looks absolutely nothing like me . she is beautifull, tiny and has olive skin, ok shes only 3 days old but my wife and i have not left each others side for 3 years or more, but you never know she might have got pregnant off a toilet seat!.

If there would be any doubt, we would have split up years ago on both sides, please do not tar everyone with the same brush as its a little naughty :)

My daughter looks absolutely nothing like me . she is beautifull, tiny and has olive skin, ok shes only 3 days old but my wife and i have not left each others side for 3 years or more, but you never know she might have got pregnant off a toilet seat!.

If there would be any doubt, we would have split up years ago on both sides, please do not tar everyone with the same brush as its a little naughty :)

I'm not sure if you meant me but maybe you should read the OP's post a little better. I'm not tarring anybody with the same brush, just asking how anyone would know.

You obviously know you're the father* and most men do know they are the father but there are exceptions; exceptions I explained in the OP.

* congratulations with your newborn girl :D

LaoPo

Gartz on the baby ok where her picture :D You did not change you avatar to her picture, what kind of father are you... hahahaha

we are hope the next one will be a girl, :D I guess it will have to wait for other trip for me. Next month trip is not the right time :D

The topic may as well have been titled how do you know your baby is yours? Being of mixed race has nothing to do with it.

Would you ask that same question to friends and family at home?

The only way to tell for sure is a DNA test. But if you lack the trust and mutual respect to resort to tests, then the relationship has already degenerated to the level where a test will only serve to confirm what was probably expected.

Edited by quiksilva

This is always an issue on Maury Povich (US talk show host). Paternity tests where the 'father' has no doubts at all about being the baby's dad and thoroughly shocked to hear there could be another man. I would have thought the only way a dispute would arise is if the baby looked completely different to the father (no likeness at all/extremely different colour- then again stranger things have happened), you had reason to be suspicious (ie you knew there'd been other lovers) or your 'loving' partner confessed she had been unfaithful.

LaoPo

Perfect answer

LaoPo

Sorry, i know this is a serious thread but the 2 incidents above just cracked me up. :):D

OK... my comments would be - if any of you have doubts, run a DNA test.

Explorer

This is extremely common all over the world -- much more so than most people realize -- but nothing specific to Thailand.

It's being uncovered more and more because of DNA test, and even breaking up long-term marriages between couples who have adult children.

I'm guessing we'll continue hearing more about this, and eventually DNA tests to establish paternity will be routine, even when a married woman has children.

Perfect answer

Disagree. We've all made mistakes about trusting the wrong person. When it happens, only in retrospect do we see the signs (if there were any).

If you're constantly wondering whether your wife cheats on you, that's one thing. But there's no harm sending off a strand of your kid's hair along with yours under the "trust but verify" mantra.

I don't worry about my wife cheating on me. I'd be shocked to find out she is/has, especially since we're nearly always together. Nevertheless, when we have our first child, I'll verify.

My wife and daughter (2 years and 9 months) from Chiang Rai came to visit me in Holland.

We all sat at the table and my friend told me that my daughter did not look like me, untill my baby took a glass of lemonade and drank it in 3 seconds.

:)

studies in western societies indicate that around 12% of births are not by the acknowledged /percieved relationship father . that is the father is a third often unknown person in the nest

that is the male has been cuckolded so called after the cuckoo bird

the question is this percentage more or less in t/land and is the prevalence higher than the national thai average were falange males are involved

dna is the only solution if in doubt ,but doubt destroys

i have heard of 1 instance were the thai lady announced she was prego and the falange partner packed up and left without advising that a vasecotomy of long standing disqualified him

result one pure breed child was born

I know my son is mine he has 2 birth marks 1 exactly here mine is and the other where the missus birth mark is I think that can be pretty sure without any tests any way I trust my wife immensely and he loos like me when I ws a kid