Sleeper Train From Bkk To Surat Thani

DarloKnight

I'm just trying to plan our December break but need some help please with the following.

What time does the sleeper train leave BKK?

Is the train every day?

How much is 1st class on the Sleeper?

And any other advice anyone would like to offer.

Many thanks

Julie

The two I know of leave Hualampong at 2:45 pm. and 3:10 pm. everyday. You'll need to book well in advance to get into 1st class. I don't know the fare but it's probably around B1000. Bear in mind that these trains arrive at Surat (or actually Phunphin, which is 20km or so away) in the middle of the night . . . .

I'm just trying to plan our December break but need some help please with the following.

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

hi best fly there air asia 799 baht cheaper that the train can book on internet

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

hi just look at air asai site 1400 baht 24 pounds

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

hi just look at air asai site 1400 baht 24 pounds

That is really cheap going to take a look at Air asia now.

Many thanks

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

hi if you go on tat site give detail off all transport time and prices

cheers not much in surat thani where you going to ,and you can get bus to train station from airport 150 baht

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

hi if you go on tat site give detail off all transport time and prices

cheers not much in surat thani where you going to ,and you can get bus to train station from airport 150 baht

We were looking to go on one of the islands, not sure which one yet can't decide on the Gulf side or the Andaman side, also we want to do a couple of nights at the Khao Sok national park, staying in one of the tree houses.

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

The !st class train is about a 2minus train or maybe a 3rd. Still a nice diversion. At the end or your get off point , the connections via bus are abysmal. Could wind up in a trashy bus as the bait switch you. put you on a nice bus, drive 10 km and transfer you to a garbage skow. Be forewarned. just did this trip a few months ago. I would say "PASS" Fly or night VIP Bus from BKK would serve you better.

russ

The sleeper train leave Hualumpong around 7pm and arrives at Phipun around 7 am. Buses meet the train and take you to the ferry port. First Class fare is just over 1,300 Baht each.

Lots of info. here. http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#How%20to%20book

The train is fun and your daughter would love it.

However as said the flight by Air Asia would be quicker and cheaper. Less than 1,000 Baht depending on your date of travel. Book early as the fare will go up. Same as the train a bus will meet the planes and take you to the ferry.

Is the train every day?

Many thanks

Julie

Recently went to Malaysia to watch Manu play and went by train. The 1445 from Bangkok arrives Surat Thani at 0040 hours. The best ones would be departing 1930 or 2250 arriving 0627 or 0811. Only 2nd class sleeper was available on the 1445. Comfortable enough and each berth is separately screened at night. Cost to Butterworth was 1210 Baht so assume Surat Thani would be much less. Each coach has 2 loos one Thai style and one Western. Suggest take wet tissues and your own loo roll! Food can be ordered and there is a dining car which could be a distance from your coach. Seriously suggest you take your own to avoid Delhi belly!! Better still you will feel cleaner if you go by air!