Uk Flights

Hi,

My GF is travelling to the UK in September , and I am currently looking at flights to Manchester.

I have just been on Expedia's Web site and I have found a decent flight with ETIHAD AIRWAYS VIA Abu Dhabi .but they have quoted the following

" It is your responsibility to meet entry requirements for all of the countries you are travelling to, including those countries you are travelling through or flying to in order to travel on a connecting flight to your destination country"

Does any body know if My GF will be ok to travel from BKK to Manchester Via Abu Dhabi , as the entry visa is for the UK????

Has anybody ever booked a simular flight or should I book a direct one to heathrow /Gatwick.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

My GF is travelling to the UK in September , and I am currently looking at flights to Manchester.

I have just been on Expedia's Web site and I have found a decent flight with ETIHAD AIRWAYS VIA Abu Dhabi .but they have quoted the following

" It is your responsibility to meet entry requirements for all of the countries you are travelling to, including those countries you are travelling through or flying to in order to travel on a connecting flight to your destination country"

Does any body know if My GF will be ok to travel from BKK to Manchester Via Abu Dhabi , as the entry visa is for the UK????

Has anybody ever booked a simular flight or should I book a direct one to heathrow /Gatwick.

Cheers

Dave

My wife as on the 16th July flown back with Etihad to Manchester, also booked through Expedia you dont enter the country only the airport she will be in transit so she wont have a problem, :)

My wife as on the 16th July flown back with Etihad to Manchester, also booked through Expedia you dont enter the country only the airport she will be in transit so she wont have a problem

That reasoning no longer works. For example, to change flights at Heathrow many nationalities require direct airside transit visas. I presume the worry is that someone will claim asylum when in transit. When I checked a few months ago, Thais do not need airside transit visas for any country. However, I don;t have 100% confidence - the information was not easy to come by.

You could try this IATA travel requirements site, but you may need a concrete flight plan to use it easily. When I tried it out just now for a Thai travelling to Tonga via the UK, it confusingly said a visa was needed for the UK - and then gave reasons for a Thai not to need any UK visa.

Hi ,

Cheers for your information the website link is very useful, I have just been on to check and it states the following about transit in the United Arab Emirates.

Visa United Arab Emirates - Passengers transiting only are exempt from holding a visa when:

Transit passengers continuing their journey to a third country by the same or the first connecting aircraft within 24 hours and holding:

- tickets with confirmed seats; and

- documents required for their next destination; and

- not leaving the transit area.

No she is awaiting a connection within the airport.

apologies not sure what you mean, Because she wont be leaving the airport in United Arab Emirates and will only be in transit will my GF be ok to travel onto the UK??

Many thanks

apologies not sure what you mean, Because she wont be leaving the airport in United Arab Emirates and will only be in transit will my GF be ok to travel onto the UK??

I have to say I found that answer confusing, especially as you had already found out the answer, and posted it.

Your information is correct, your girlfriend will not need a visa as she is only transiting the airport and remaining air-side.

Abu Dhabi is a major hub for transiting passengers and she will have no problems.

I have to say I found that answer confusing, especially as you had already found out the answer, and posted it.

Your information is correct, your girlfriend will not need a visa as she is only transiting the airport and remaining air-side.

Abu Dhabi is a major hub for transiting passengers and she will have no problems.

Many thanks for getting back to me , I going to book my GF flight this afternoon

Owl1971 is trying to understand ThaiVisaExpress's statement. In itself it does not make sense - something is missing. It would not be a valid argument for a Jamaican travelling to Germany via Heathrow.