Foreigner Found Murdered In Sattahip

george

Taxi driver admits to killing Briton

Published on March 03, 2005

A 50-year-old British man was robbed and stabbed to death on Tuesday night, allegedly by the driver of a taxi he had hired in Pattaya to take him to Don Muang Airport, police said yesterday.

The body of Normal Bernard was spotted by a passer-by along the side of a soi off the Sattahip-Nakhon Ratchasima highway at 9am yesterday. He had been stabbed 11 times in his chest, arms and hands and his head was almost severed, said Major Thossapol Somnuek, an investigator at Tambon Pluta police station in Chon Buri’s Sattahip district.

Police quickly arrested the driver, Jatuphon Bancheun, 26, at home after finding a receipt on the body from a taxi charter company. Jatuphon confessed to murder and robbery.

The receipt indicated Bernard had chartered a taxi from Enjoy Travel Soi 8 Co and left Pattaya at 7pm on Tuesday. A company spokesman said Jatuphon had only worked there a few days.

This sort of thing happens in the US every day. So often, in fact, that on a national level, it is hardly noticed

If you think this kind of grotesque murder happens everyday in the U.S. you lived in a different U.S. (if that's where you're from) than I did, and I lived in CA. before LOS. I see more murder against foreigners per capita in Pattaya than in the city I lived in.

Just a note I live near Phutualung in Sattahip and a Thai friend of mine who works as a doctor in the area told me a month a go that on average there is a murder a month in the area. Heavily occupied by Thai Naval personal who have access to weapons and drink heavily

It may have nothing to do with being Farang but more to do with aggressive behaviour following excessive drinking. we all know Thais can't hold their drink

This sort of thing happens in the US every day. So often, in fact, that on a national level, it is hardly noticed

If you think this kind of grotesque murder happens everyday in the U.S. you lived in a different U.S. (if that's where you're from) than I did, and I lived in CA. before LOS. I see more murder against foreigners per capita in Pattaya than in the city I lived in.

You must have an unrealistic view of California. I live in the state right now and I can say for certain that there are murders in this state at least every day. Some happen in the inner city and never make the news unless you look at the statistics.