Cinderblocks

Dodobird

I was wondering anyone in korat or nearby knew where I can buy 9cm x 39cm x 18.5 cinderblock please?

Any help appreciated.

32 views....no help! :)

I don't know in Korat, but in my area every builder's merchant has them. They are called "it bok" (block bricks), as opposed to "it daeng" (red bricks).

Good luck,

Mike

Q-Con blocks are the insulated lightweight blocks. I think you will have some problems finding custom sized concrete blocks. I think 39X18X6 is the standard size.

Yes there is a "standard" size of these blocks that most all builders merchants sell. However, even in our small town at an actual plant that makes the blocks (there is actually more than one plant that makes the blocks in this town) the manager told me he could make different thickness and size of the blocks if the order was large enough. I did not press the issue, but like many THINGS in Thailand, there is "more to the story" than you first think. It should be easy to find a "plant" that makes the blocks if your wife asks around and she can read the sign on the "yard" where they make these type of blocks. Had I known that 4 years ago I might have bought thicker blocks for our fence.

For house construction consider QCON, CPAC, Thaicon or one of the six brands of those light weight blocks. Be sure to compare apples to apples in terms of size and price delivered to your building site on either style of blocks. Most all the building materials stores in Korat will have brochures on the light weight blocks. You see these blocks being used in most all of the high rise buildings in Bangkok.

Q-Con blocks are the insulated lightweight blocks. I think you will have some problems finding custom sized concrete blocks. I think 39X18X6 is the standard size.

I'm not sure the OP needs custom size - the blocks are nominally 40 x 20 including mortar.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm not sure the OP needs custom size - the blocks are nominally 40 x 20 including mortar.

Cheers,

Mike

In korat there are 2 sizes and the price differ.

1. 39 x 19 x 7 or = 3.8 bahts

2. 38 x 19 x 6.6 = 3.50 bahts