Bathroom Fan Timer

longball53098

Hey all

Just moved in to the new place and I find that the typical on/off switch on the bathroom vent fans is not cutting it. I want to put a timer switch on each (2) for people like me that shower or whatever and turn it on but forget to turn it off.

I have looked in a few of the usual places here in the Rayong area but maybe someone has seen or bought this device here in LOS.

I post a sheet from a US maker that I could order in a pinch.

Broan.pdf

I think I've found what you need.

General info about the switch.

http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/P...002&level=4

Brochure including specs & installation detail.

http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/F...es/W0000517.pdf

Clipsal Thailand.

Schneider (Thailand) Limited.

44/1 Rungrojthanakul Building,

15 Fl., Ratchdapisek Road,

Huaykwang District, Bangkok 10320

Customer Care Center: 0-2617-5555

Ph: 0-2617-5500

Fax: 0-2617-5501

Email: //removed as per forum rules//

Web: www.clipsal.th.com

Please note that the total fan current must not exceed 2 amps with this switch.

I think I've found what you need.

General info about the switch.

http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/P...002&level=4

Brochure including specs & installation detail.

http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/F...es/W0000517.pdf

Clipsal Thailand.

Schneider (Thailand) Limited.

44/1 Rungrojthanakul Building,

15 Fl., Ratchdapisek Road,

Huaykwang District, Bangkok 10320

Customer Care Center: 0-2617-5555

Ph: 0-2617-5500

Fax: 0-2617-5501

Email: //removed as per forum rules//

Web: www.clipsal.th.com

Please note that the total fan current must not exceed 2 amps with this switch.

Many thanks and I will check on this product.

I have the fan on a separate switch as I do not want to use the fan every time I switch on the light. And we actually have 3 switches for lighting in the bathroom. Depends on what we want illuminated as to the switch that's closed. I prefer to have the fan on it's own switch/timer.

I have one bath with an extra switch inline that can turn off the fan when wanted so that can be addressed.

Having spent a very unpleasant night in an expensive Guangzhou hotel in August with only a table fan for cooling that had a built in 15 minute timer which you could not bypass has given me an aversion to such things I suspect :) .

I have the fan on a separate switch as I do not want to use the fan every time I switch on the light. And we actually have 3 switches for lighting in the bathroom. Depends on what we want illuminated as to the switch that's closed. I prefer to have the fan on it's own switch/timer.

The Clipsal unit in my earlier post will allow you to do this. Simply connect the fan only to this unit. Continue using your seperate light switches.

OR, an additional switch can be fitted to override the timer and turn the fan off. It must be placed

in the ‘Fan Load’ connection as shown in this diagram.

Speaking of extractor fans, anyone know where to pick up a nice ceiling-mounted one, like these?

ld_front.jpg

extractor-fan.jpg

The only type I'm seeing are those with visible fan that are bulky and ugly and also really expensive for what they are. Tried all the usual suspects - Home Pro, Home Mart, Global (up in Chiang Mai). Is it a case of one of those things that just can't be got?

Cheers

Having spent a very unpleasant night in an expensive Guangzhou hotel in August with only a table fan for cooling that had a built in 15 minute timer which you could not bypass has given me an aversion to such things I suspect :) .

Was that hotel stay during the summer or winter?

in August

Very hot and humid. They used to time the air flight (no international service except to Japan at the time) from Bejing to Guangzhou to arrive after the train to the Hong Kong border departed so you had to overnight (at your expense). In the other direction they would cancel flight to Beijing if hotels had rooms available and again force you to stay overnight at your expense. More money for the state.

Speaking of extractor fans, anyone know where to pick up a nice ceiling-mounted one, like these?

ld_front.jpg

extractor-fan.jpg

The only type I'm seeing are those with visible fan that are bulky and ugly and also really expensive for what they are. Tried all the usual suspects - Home Pro, Home Mart, Global (up in Chiang Mai). Is it a case of one of those things that just can't be got?

Cheers

I would suspect you're not looking in the right area of these stores. All the ones you mention have ceiling and wall mount fans. At least in my neck of the woods they do. Each store has it's brand array. Some carry Panasonic, Mitsu and LG others carry different brands. But they all have a variety of the two types that I have seen. I had to order a model of Mitsu from a electrical distributor as Homepro did not seem interested to sell me what I wanted. Two days to get them (2)

Well it's not like I've been looking in the nuts and bolts section. :D

Every one I've been to have the walls and ceilings (generally in the extract fan section) and many different makes but none have the cute, discreet ones pictured above. Reckon it's a Chiang Mai thing and will see about going the same route you did. Cheers :)