Bangkok Layover

Quest

Anyone have any great ideas for a young guy (25) facing a nightshift at Don Muang?

Jetting in from Montreal (read: long long flight) and not looking forward to spending midnight to 8am (or until next available flight to Phuket) hanging out at the airport. Not familiar with Asia but looking for any good / safe recommendations for: reasonable / clean hotel near airport; or if the clock is still wound up, a pleasant diversion that won't keep a guy from missing his morning flight. All replies welcome...and thanks.

......not looking forward to spending midnight to 8am (or until next available flight to Phuket) hanging out at the airport.

Not familiar with Asia but looking for any good / safe

The Amari is about thje nearest to the airport (just walk over the bridge)..bit peng ...££$$$ but usually got deals if you call them.

The Comfort has been recco. by some friends is not far away ... and ...OK.

however..

assuming your arrive at midnight.....1-00am and your are off again so early in the morning I would be tempted just to doss down in the terminal for that couple of hours and let fling when you get to Phucket......Phai..salooo-sa..loww......

I have left on late/early morning flights and bars and "chop"houses always seem available although by that time all I want to do is quietly lie back and contemplate another half dozen wet ones....

from Georges list below...

Comfort Suite Airport Hotel

88/117 Viphavadee-Rangsit Rd., Bangkhen

Donmuang, Bangkok 10210

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ban.../comfortsuites/

Amari Airport Hotel

333 Chert Wudthakas Road,

Bangkok 10210

Enquiry & Reservation

http://www.r24.org/hotels.thaivisa.com/ban.../amari-airport/ :o