Webtot problem

Bob Chittie

I've always used WebTOT (1222) dial up with no problems. Now, I dial up, it logs me in and says I am connected. But from there, I can't do anything. I try to open a web site and it says 'can not find server'. I dial in with Loxinfo and everything is fine.

Does anyone have any ideas here? Could I have something set wrong for WebTOT? Thanks and please keep any advice simple. i'm not really a computer person.

hi Bob,

I don't use WebTot, but what you say give me some ideas, it sound like a common trouble :

in fact you browser can not reach the DNS ... this is the place where they know where the webpages are .

first are you sure WebTOT are not disfonctioning, sometimes it's happend.

second open Internet explorer. click on the tools button, select internet option. In the internet options window, select the "connection" tab

here verify A) WebTOT is your default connection, if not set it (not neccessary but it's better) :o Verify you dial up your default connection C) Click on "LAN SETTINGS" abd verify "use a proxy server" IS NOT CHECKED ... if checked then uncheck. D) select the WEBTOT conection and click settings, then click properties, and then select the NETWORKING  tab, there select Internet protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties ....Obtain an IP adress automatically must be checked. Idem for the Obtain a DNS adress automatically

then click OK OK ok ....... OK

Hope that can help you

STing

Messsage in a bottle

Hi Sting,

Thanks! Actually on my computer, everything that you said was opposite of what it should be. I followed your advice and now I am logged on via webtot. Of course there is still the problem of the line almost always being busy, but I guess that's why its so cheap...