Korat Airport

zzaa09

Been awhile. Should we be dreaming of a future where a domestic carrier {or two} returns to this very important market? For those of us whom have had to depend on that Buriram/BP Air connection.....

To be honest what would be the point?

As I understand it the time it used to take to drive from Korat to the airport and then check in , load up, fly to Bangkok and get off and on the street again, was only minutes short of the bus ride to Mochit and that costs less than 300 baht and is reasonably trouble free.

Unless they priced it at less than 200 baht (allowing for the taxi airport transfer) then no one would use it....which I believe was why they stopped the flights in the first place. (correct me if I'm wrong)

HL :)

• 3 weeks later...
That is a very good synopsis of what I suspect happened. There is no need for an airport to so close and which only serves Bangkok.

agree.

that is the same reason why several budget-carriers (12go, and Airasia even twice) dropped their Khonkaen - Bangkok flights. there is just no demand.....

Korat used to be a great little airport, frequent daily flights to 5 airfields in thailand,7 destinations in vietnam, 3 in malaysia, and 2 in singapore and manila , only drawback to use this service one had to be wearing jungle green or khaki, :) mind you these services were all available in 1964 :D

Korat used to be a great little airport, frequent daily flights to 5 airfields in thailand,7 destinations in vietnam, 3 in malaysia, and 2 in singapore and manila , only drawback to use this service one had to be wearing jungle green or khaki, :) mind you these services were all available in 1964 :D

Yep, and lots of flights to Laos, too, some oneway....

Attached what things looked like about May-June 1964, before the USAF arrived to muddy up the waters and cause the prices to escalate downtown.

Mac

post-32650-1251364898_thumb.jpg

Yep, and lots of flights to Laos, too, some oneway....

Attached what things looked like about May-June 1964, before the USAF arrived to muddy up the waters and cause the prices to escalate downtown.

Mac

I believe that's one of the old runways at Wing 1. The old Korat Airport I believe was at wing 1, and Andaman Airways had flights four times a week to surin with a stop in Korat. Since they opened the airport way out of tow off of 226 their is no need for service since it is far from Korat Mueang. I see Surin will re open next year.

Barry