Suvarnabhumi Airport Link Likely To Begin Service In December

george

Suvarnabhumi Airport Link likely to begin service as scheduled, says SRT chief

BANGKOK: -- The Airport Rail Link project, providing direct rail service to and from Suvarnabhumi Airport, is expected to be completely implemented and open for service as earlier scheduled in December, according to the State Railway of Thailand (SRT).

SRT Governor Yuthana Tupcharoen said the project has made much progress--some 98 per cent -- toward its implementation.

At present, it is in process of testing its systems to ensure readiness prior to opening for service, including the test run, safety control, personnel recruitment, and procurement of facilities and utilities for passenger convenience.

He said SRT had attempted to keep both the Thai public and the international community abreast of the progress being made in the implementation of the project and its readiness to open for service.

Now, he affirmed, SRT is testing the systems and expects the Airport Rail Link project will open for service as previously scheduled in December this year.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-08-06

Hello, I hope this new transpotation system will be safe and open soon as it looks like most of the infrastructure has been finished for a long time. It will cut down on travel time to and from the airport in the daytime, and it will be good for the Thai people for getting out of the street traffic. Cheers.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Link likely to begin service as scheduled, says SRT chief

Well, I compare this "announcement" with the always "most likely we will open in ... announcement" made

by BTS and Bangkok administration regarding the opening of the Skytrain extension to Thonburi!

"Most likely" was a 2 year delay?

The Bangkok Post has been running articles recently which say the Airport Rail Link opening has been "derailed" by the dispute between the government and the railway unions--it's a deeply entrenched issue.

Remember, MCOT is the government mouthpiece (owned by the gov't). News there will always be (at best) rose-colored or (at-worst) totally off the mark.

I'll believe it when I see it opening. Meanwhile, keep that Taxi Mafia rolling! :)

Edited by toptuan

When it will be replaced by the "Suvarnabhumi Airport Link to Begin Service in June" topic. :D

Actually, when that time comes, it will probably not be June, but August, to coincide with Her Majesty's birthday. What's another two months? :)

When it will be replaced by the "Suvarnabhumi Airport Link to Begin Service in June" topic. :D

Actually, when that time comes, it will probably not be June, but August, to coincide with Her Majesty's birthday. What's another two months? :)

Wasn't this coming Wednesday the original opening date?

Wasn't this coming Wednesday the original opening date?

Yes. And then it was rolled to His Majesty's birthday in December. Which is why I think they'd subsequently roll it forward to Her next birthday, rather than a random date in June.

Seems to me the Bangkok subway opened on Her Majesty's birthday as well, didn't it?