Singapore Flights/hotels?

chiang mai

Before I start to scour the travel agents I thought it might be useful to ask if you have spotted any discount flights from Phuket to Singapore and whether anyone can recommend any sensibly priced mid range hotels? I'm planning to take Mrs CM away for a few days holiday and she has picked Singapore as her preferred destination - I'm afraid I haven't been there for a few years so I'm a bit out of touch.

Any pointers, gratefully received.

Before I start to scour the travel agents I thought it might be useful to ask if you have spotted any discount flights from Phuket to Singapore and whether anyone can recommend any sensibly priced mid range hotels? I'm planning to take Mrs CM away for a few days holiday and she has picked Singapore as her preferred destination - I'm afraid I haven't been there for a few years so I'm a bit out of touch.

G'day mate,

I'm doing exactly the same with my wife.

You may want to look at Silk Air. They fly

direct from Phuket to Sgp for about 6000

Baht per person. You may be able to get

cheaper if you look around but then have

connecting flights etc. We're flying from

CM.

Have also booked a new hotel "Ibis". They have

a promotion on Wotif where you get free room

internet and breakfast. The location is good

and the price is reasonable for Sgp standards.

We're off in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Will

I can speak from personal experience about the new Ibis on Bencoolen Street. It's a new hotel and yes, the prices are reasonable for Singapore standards. The rooms, at least the one I had, was a little on the small side but was clean, bright and with modern amenities including flatscreen tv. My stay was in early July and I would happily stay there again.

G'day mate,

I'm doing exactly the same with my wife.

You may want to look at Silk Air. They fly

direct from Phuket to Sgp for about 6000

Baht per person. You may be able to get

cheaper if you look around but then have

connecting flights etc. We're flying from

CM.

Have also booked a new hotel "Ibis". They have

a promotion on Wotif where you get free room

internet and breakfast. The location is good

and the price is reasonable for Sgp standards.

We're off in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Will

Many thanks for that - I just spoke to a friend who tells me that Air Asia and Tiger Airways both fly to Sing from Phuket for under 1,500 baht one way, sound sounds like a good deal - will certainly look at the IBIS though.

thanks again

Jetstar are running a promotion with flights to Singapore, you pay for the outward flight from 1800 Baht ex Bangkok and the return flight is free apart from the airport tax, they throw in a Singapore Flyer ticket, S$5 duty free voucher and the second night is free in any Accor hotel in Singapore, you cannot check luggage but I think the carry on is 10kgs.

You have to book via the web banner link http://www.jetstar.com/sg/en/cheap-flights...aign=caas200908

Have not flown with them but worth a look for the short hop if you can be flexible with dates.

Edit: sorry I have just noticed you asked about flights from Phuket, but it might help some one.

Edited by theoldgit

Jetstar are running a promotion with flights to Singapore, you pay for the outward flight from 1800 Baht ex Bangkok and the return flight is free apart from the airport tax, they throw in a Singapore Flyer ticket, S$5 duty free voucher and the second night is free in any Accor hotel in Singapore, you cannot check luggage but I think the carry on is 10kgs.

You have to book via the web banner link http://www.jetstar.com/sg/en/cheap-flights...aign=caas200908

Have not flown with them but worth a look for the short hop if you can be flexible with dates.

Edit: sorry I have just noticed you asked about flights from Phuket, but it might help some one.

I stayed at Hotel Royal on Newton Road , close to Orchard main street and easy on ur pocket too , there are also small villas on the east coast beach ..u can ask ur cabbie from the airport to take you there ..sorry forgot the name of that place ...very close to the airport too and cheap

• 1 month later...

:) beware of merry-go-round taxi-drivers from singapore airport.

singapore is full of surcharges, taxis included. the island is not that big so every hotel is practically near everywhere.

take the skytrain from end-to end on a loop round the island n you have toured the whole country in less than three,3, hours.

remember, singapore is small island/ country n very very humid n is very crowded like hongkong.

beware of picpockets n syndicates.

expect nothing for free in singapore. why should anything be free when singapore is a very expensive country in the first place.

expectn new york, paris, london, tokyo downtown prices for most things. never drink ice-cold drinkks peddled on the streets or smosd courts.

thieves abound everywhere n are mostly non-locals n illegals in the country - not much different from thailand.

never get drunk alone in singapore n do not talk to strangers. remember, "midnight cowboy"?

etc.,etc.etc. :D