International Terrorist Selvarasa Pathmanathan Arrested In Bangkok

george

I find it odd that some people would lament this person's capture. Ok, maybe the Tamils endured tough times under the the Sinhalese, but I don't think that justifies the Tamil Tigers forcing of children to bear arms, to to act as suicide bombers and to act as shields in combat. The Sri lankan army never sent children ahead of their columns, but the Tamil Tigers did this on a regular basis. Westerners always shed a tear for a dead kid and blame the people that shot him. Unfortunately, no one ever comes up with an effective alternative for a soldier or police officer obliged to use lethal force defending against a child with an RPG or shooting a deadly firearm.

One can dump all over the current Sri Lankan government, but this person was implicated in the brutal murder of Indian nationals as well. The Indians would have liked to see him captured long ago.

The Tamil Tiger's activities were not just limited to Sri Lanka. "Fundraisers" were quite active in other countries where they sourced funds through extortion, embezzlement, fraud and car theft.

This brutal thug might be a hero to some people, but for many others, he is just a crime boss taken down.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe off topic but if I read the international press today I find the following headlines:

International Terrorist Selvarasa Pathmanathan Arrested In Bangkok.

Talliban leader killed in us attack.

Indonesian police have shoot out with country's top terrorist.

That means only today at least 3 of the top from the international top terrorists have been off the world map.How long time ago it has been that you have heard so many positive news in one single day.

Should we see a message in the today news headlines?

Maybe the CIA has made some new friends since the change of President in the US?

Hello, it is good that some country arrested someone they think is a terrorist and so more people can rest easy. Will anyone take the place of this man in this terrorist organization? I think the police need to check why it takes them 20 years to locate this man, and arrest the other members of this terrorist group. They can if they want to.

They arrested him, took him to the ATM, he was then un-arrested, then they promptly took him to the airport where he told them he was going to Colombo as a joke, just in case they decided they wanted more "tea". Now nobody knows where he is again.

Haha.

:D

thx for a good laugh :D ....but who knows :) TiT

anyway, I am happy for the Ceylonese people that the war is over....which kept them safe from the comming war. The war of the Tourism Industrie.

I LOVE SRI LANKA

Edited by moskito

"Extradition is needed to transfer an alleged criminal between the jurisdictions of two different law enforcement agencies. Thailand to Australia, or California to Kentucky, for example. But the FBI can move somebody in their custody between states without extradition. Doesn't Interpol have international jurisdiction, just as the FBI has national jurisdiction in the US? If there were Interpol warrants, then they could indeed have simply apprehended him and bundled him off to face trial in Sri Lanka. He will be charged and all that once there."

Hello? Before you go spouting off on international law, perhaps you should take a few lectures with me? Extradition treaties are NOT necessary to extradite (this is a simple premise of international law). What extradition treaties DO (when they exist between countries) is put limitations and conditions on extraditions (for example not extraditing a murder suspect to a country which practicies capital punishment when your domestic laws do not permit the sanction of the death penalty). If two countries do NOT have extradition treaties, they are more than free to extradite WITHOUT conditions. After all what country wants to hold on to someone who committed a murder in another country? Get it? What you are propounding is the concept of "extradition" as it comes from Hollywood movies, and by the way, the guys who write those screen plays, and not professors of international law either! My point? Do not propound your expertise on international law on an internet from what you "learn" from watching Hollywood movies.

What you say is true however one scenario is the guy was grabbed and whisked out of Thailand and headed for prosecution in his home country. If this is the case there was no perp walk and generals were not seen pointing at the guy on television news. This is very unusual as it is possibly the general's favorite thing outside of payday. It does bypass a lot of red tape and legal hurdles. Isn't that Russian arms dealer still here? Countries were fighting for possession and the perp walk with the generals was a classic.

Hello, it is good that some country arrested someone they think is a terrorist and so more people can rest easy. Will anyone take the place of this man in this terrorist organization? I think the police need to check why it takes them 20 years to locate this man, and arrest the other members of this terrorist group. They can if they want to.

hmmm, good question, maybe one should ask WHO makes the most money on the Terrorist Industri. American and German weapon dealers? weapons have to be sold to make Americans and Germans work, to keep them employed. Does Bush have stocks in this industrie? :)

Guess how much money the western governments loose without wars in the third world weapon systems, guns, medical supplies.......do you still think they want

arrest guys like tamil tiger salesmen?

hmmm, good question, maybe one should ask WHO makes the most money on the Terrorist Industri. American and German weapon dealers? weapons have to be sold to make Americans and Germans work, to keep them employed. Does Bush have stocks in this industrie? :)

Guess how much money the western governments loose without wars in the third world weapon systems, guns, medical supplies.......do you still think they want

Does it make you feel better to post absolute garbage and a falsehood?

The arms embargo by the civilized world made it difficult to source armaments through legitimate channels for both sides. China has been both the largest aid donor and the armaments supplier. China is also the country that has vetoed any attempt in the UN to reign some of the excesses.

The US and Germany were precluded from supplying the weapons that were then sourced from the Chinese. I know it may disappoint you, but the EU and the USA do have some rules in place that precluded armament shipments in bulk.

Here, go read this simple article from may 2 in the Times. Had you bothered to do a little bit of digging instead of spewing hatred you would have found it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle6207487.ece

ps. Bush lost the election last year. You can stop using him to blame everything on. Elvis left the building last January, ok.

hmmm, good question, maybe one should ask WHO makes the most money on the Terrorist Industri. American and German weapon dealers? weapons have to be sold to make Americans and Germans work, to keep them employed. Does Bush have stocks in this industrie? :D

HUH? Weapons made in GERMANY? You mean the WALTHER P99 pistol that is used@produced for Police purposes worldwide?

I always thought germans produce awesome cars as BMW,PORSCHE,DAIMLER,VW,AUDI etc etc etc but WEAPONS :)

regards,

keenjau :D

The arms embargo by the civilized world made it difficult to source armaments through legitimate channels for both sides.

ok, at least you get it. like you said difficult BUT not impossible, thats the difference.

Btw, who owns your favourate newspaper? and do you belive also in the elfs and dwarfs happy land?

maybe i am the only one who doesnt belive everything what the massmedia let us know :)

and for sure there are NO american or german weapons involved in any of the currently ongoing many of wars worldwide. WAKE UP

The arms embargo by the civilized world made it difficult to source armaments through legitimate channels for both sides.

ok, at least you get it. like you said difficult BUT not impossible, thats the difference.

Btw, who owns your favourate newspaper? and do you belive also in the elfs and dwarfs happy land?

maybe i am the only one who doesnt belive everything what the massmedia let us know :)

and for sure there are NO american or german weapons involved in any of the currently ongoing many of wars worldwide. WAKE UP

Why fav newspaper is the BILD-Zeitung :D