Thaivisa's Accents

superchav

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northern Californian - which is slightly different from Southern Californian  :o .  I grew up closer to cold, wet, foggy San Francisco, than to sunny, smoggy LA.

Reminds me of the time I was trying to explain to someone that I could distinguish native accents from S.F. peninsula, East Bay hills, Santa Cruz, and East Bay delta, and that's not even considering the various Nth generation ethnic accents of Northern California... but then I realized I was using a West L.A. accent after having worked there too many years!

Once I had a native Sierra foothills waitress demand that I declare my origins at Lake Tahoe because my accent confused her so... and yet the rest of the US think all Californians sound like Sean Penn in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. :D

I was born in Dagenham.

Always thought there was something about you Dave.....I am from Grays!

Currently in Sarfend.

Big shout to all the Essex Bruvvers!

Ex-Brentwood boy here, lovely jubbly!

I actually lived in Hornchurch.

I grew up in Brentwood (my dad was a cricketer). :o

Took my driving test in Hornchurch!

Where in Brentwood did you live...? My folks are in Hutton (the non-posh end!)

Hey you all,

I was born in Austin and raised in San Antonio Texas—city life but I rode horses bareback. milked cows, and herded sheep on my relatives farms in other parts of the state during summer. I lived in Brooklyn New York while stationed at Ft Hamilton for about 9 months and quickly picked up the Brooklyn accent but it has long gone now. What a time that was--one day I am on top of the Empire State Building looking over Manhattan on a windy day and feeling the building sway by several feet...a few days later I am in Bangkok trying to explain in English to a Taxi driver who spoke very little English how to get to the Chavalette Hotel ....Back in Austin now with my lovely Thai wife... Ahhh Hah!

:o

Edited by ronz28

I was born in Dagenham.

Always thought there was something about you Dave.....I am from Grays!

Currently in Sarfend.

Big shout to all the Essex Bruvvers!

Ex-Brentwood boy here, lovely jubbly!

I actually lived in Hornchurch.

I grew up in Brentwood (my dad was a cricketer). :o

Took my driving test in Hornchurch!

Where in Brentwood did you live...? My folks are in Hutton (the non-posh end!)

Did'nt live in Brentwood but i started going to south weald every weekend for cricket when i was about 4 years old, Have many friends in Brentwood. :D