Pattaya

Syd: Pattaya only has one mainly ladyboy bar. Obviously I am restricted from naming it ... but head down to Sunnee Plaza (Soi 17, formerly Soi VC) and drop into ANY of the bars there. They will point it out to you.

Peter

• 1 month later...
Good to have you back Syd ! Wondering where you'd got to !!

What oven temperature do I need to roast potatoes, and how much fat do I put in the baking tray?

I would do them around 180 C, and they usually go in with the joint of meat.

Par boil the potatoes first.

Not too much fat and baste every 15 minutes.

Thanks - how long do they stay in the oven?

I'd like to do them without a joint, as the oven is quite small.

My wife makes lousy Yorkshire Pudding - like granite, so if anyone has any ideas about how to keep Yorkshire Pud crisp but fluffy, much obliged.

Pattaya only has one mainly ladyboy bar. Obviously I am restricted from naming it ...

Actually, you're not restricted from naming it.. or any other bar.. as long as you do it in a "non-sexual" way.. The rules on ThaiVisa, unfortunately, are just that you can't post a link to it, or mention any other commercial sexual enterprise... (That's what the Mod thingy is in the first Post..)

If you name it for me, I'll add it to the Pinned List of bars...

:o

ChrisP

Edited by ChrisP

'ladyboy bar' do you mean the workers there are transvestites, or gay/passive men dressed in provocative male clothing?

Gadzooks ! !

Since when has a Ladyboy bar been the repository of gay/passive men dressed as Leather Daddies?

The whole point is transexuality - sluts with nuts

...and so on and so forth.

I know of katoey bars in Chiang Mai where you can pick up gay males who are not dressed as feminine. Muscle shirts, decent muscles, decent muscle between their legs, go either way top or bottom, etc. Offhand, I don't recall a leather dude, but I recall a commercial Akha boy who wore a muscle shirt and a crucifix, who said "I'm not a girl." If they're wearing a dress, I hardly say more than 'hello' to them (unless I recognize their face from their pants-wearing days). I know that it takes all kinds, but I'm the kind who had more than enough lady-in-dresses to be looking up skirts now.

The Club in Singapore is 'Zouk' - its not gay though, its for normal people.

I agree GADzOOkS would be a good name for a Katoey bar.

That being the reaction when one realizes that behind the demure fig leaf of one's playmate lies ........a big hairy cock.

Please note my displeasure at the implication gay people are abnormal.

When I was in Singapore in 1998 I went to 2 clubs. The first was totally gay on a particular night, the other was extremely cruisy on a designated night and I had no problems dancing with my bf. I think Zouk was the second of the two. The gay nights tend to be Thursdays or Sundays when straight attendance is "normally" lower.

times change, YMMV of course.

Edited by jerry921