Visarun To Kl ....or...not Good To Be Back

Just back from Kuala Lumpur and a Visarun. Honestly, it was the best and smoothest running trip I ever made regarding VISA.

A HUGE THANKS to the staff of ThaiEmbassy Kuala Lumpur. They are not only friendly and helpful, it was at least a Thaiembassy where

even a longnosed Farang can feel like he was served as a human beeing.

I have been to many ThaiEmbassys worldwide, Penang was the worst, rude staff unfriendly people and all around the Embassy it was messy.

Kuala Lumpur was the most friendly and it was the first Thaioffice which i have seen which has arrived the 21st century.

Forget Visaruns to Penang or even Perth (ok if the flight is cheap :) ) if you have important things to do make a trip to KL.

Hotel in Petaling Street was great too. About 1000.-Baht for a nice clean room WITH WINDOW and without bedbugs, incl. TV, AC free WiFi

at the Lobby and absolutely friendly and helpfull staff here too. Name of the Hotel is CHINA TOWN INN....sorry for the advertisement here

but they deserved it.

From the Hotel take a Taxi to Thaiembassy, the ride takes about 20min and costs between 10-30 Ringit (depends on your negotiation skills :D )

Better take the LRT which is a 5min walk from China Town Inn away, check out at Ampang Park and walk a mile or less to the ThaiEmbassy

at Jalan Ampang.....good for the beerbelly,

for further questions regarding paperwork contact me here or by private messenger

.....and WHY not good to be back...?? In KL there are trains, busses, shuttleservices and even taxis which run on METERs....back in Phuket the

RIP OFF starts imidiately. NO BUS, NO TAXIMETER and no chance to get away without the Mafia on Wheels :D ...has nothing to do with the money spent for the trip back home....but no busses or another shuttleservice is a shame for an international airport, even 9:30, in the evening!

Penang and Perth are not Embassies - one is a large independent Consulate operated by Thailand, primarily to serve tourists crossing from Malaysia to Thailand, and the other a small Honorary Consulate. As said above, some of the worst service in the world is provided by some of the official Embassies. The name Thai Embassy does not insure friendly service.

But good the see your positive report on Kuala Lumpur.

Just back from Kuala Lumpur and a Visarun. Honestly, it was the best and smoothest running trip I ever made regarding VISA.

A HUGE THANKS to the staff of ThaiEmbassy Kuala Lumpur. They are not only friendly and helpful, it was at least a Thaiembassy where

I have been to many ThaiEmbassys worldwide, Penang was the worst, rude staff unfriendly people and all around the Embassy it was messy.

Kuala Lumpur was the most friendly and it was the first Thaioffice which i have seen which has arrived the 21st century.

Forget Visaruns to Penang or even Perth (ok if the flight is cheap :) ) if you have important things to do make a trip to KL.

Hotel in Petaling Street was great too. About 1000.-Baht for a nice clean room WITH WINDOW and without bedbugs, incl. TV, AC free WiFi

at the Lobby and absolutely friendly and helpfull staff here too. Name of the Hotel is CHINA TOWN INN....sorry for the advertisement here

but they deserved it.

From the Hotel take a Taxi to Thaiembassy, the ride takes about 20min and costs between 10-30 Ringit (depends on your negotiation skills :D )

Better take the LRT which is a 5min walk from China Town Inn away, check out at Ampang Park and walk a mile or less to the ThaiEmbassy

at Jalan Ampang.....good for the beerbelly,

for further questions regarding paperwork contact me here or by private messenger

.....and WHY not good to be back...?? In KL there are trains, busses, shuttleservices and even taxis which run on METERs....back in Phuket the

RIP OFF starts imidiately. NO BUS, NO TAXIMETER and no chance to get away without the Mafia on Wheels :D ...has nothing to do with the money spent for the trip back home....but no busses or another shuttleservice is a shame for an international airport, even 9:30, in the evening!

Well I hope that your experiance is the answer for me. But I have send some E-mails to them to explain my problem there was no answer about the next;

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

Message-id: <[email protected]>

Message-id: <CA19D5FBC54B46198082D8288981A2FD@none5889ee38a6>

Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 07:48:06 +0700

To: [email protected]

Subject: Visa!

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: @mstore2.secure.tmnet.lmtp:thaikl2@lmtpcs-daemon

Original address: [email protected]

Reason: LMTP transmission failure has occurred

Diagnostic code: lmtp;550 5.2.2 Delivery failed: Over quota

Remote system: dns;mstore2.secure.tmnet (TCP|192.168.10.102|20696|192.168.10.150|225) (mail2.secure.tmnet -- Server LMTP [sun ONE Messaging Server 6.2-8.04 [built Feb 28 2007]])

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.38/2274 - Release Date: 07/31/09 05:58:00

Best regard

billshot64

ohhh by the way, ONE big + for the ThaiImmigration.

on my way back from KL we received the immigration forms, these ones everybody have to fill before entering Thailand.

They are much more easier now. Just name and Passport number twice, no issuing data when/where etc. Saves time

At least something computers are good for!?!???

was a bit tired last night when I typed the above thread. Forget to let you know, I have been in KL for a one year multiple entry.

and another thing about the Hotel in Petaling street.

I dont know if it is usual in a tourist center road (Petaling is like Patpong road without the xxx stuff)

Every single night around 01:30 to 02:30 someone was CUTTING STEEL with large cutting machine....terrible noisy but only for an hour. BUT at NIGHTTIME?

my personal explanation was, the government dont want to disturb the touristsshoppers during daytime :)

@ Billshot 64,

as far as I know (learned in some years) there is NEVER a reply from a Thai government office on an Email. NEVER

Try to call them by telephone, maybe the outcome is the same but at least there is someone you can ask for a name on the other end of the line.

BUT NEVER ask someone in a Thai Government office for his/her name IN Thailand, if you are directly face to face with them !

cost me a flight from Phuket to KL once. I made the mistake to ask a very unfriendly Immigration lady for her name.....they let me wait until my

flight was gone, I have to come back the next day and nearly missed my flight to Europe and US......sure, before they let me go I have to sign a couple

of papers which stated it was all my fault.....

was a bit tired last night when I typed the above thread. Forget to let you know, I have been in KL for a one year multiple entry.

Hi moskito,

b

Good to hear you had no troubles!

What kind of Non-O did you get? And what paperwork, funds did you have to show.

Thanks a lot!

welo

@ Billshot 64,

as far as I know (learned in some years) there is NEVER a reply from a Thai government office on an Email. NEVER

Try to call them by telephone, maybe the outcome is the same but at least there is someone you can ask for a name on the other end of the line.

BUT NEVER ask someone in a Thai Government office for his/her name IN Thailand, if you are directly face to face with them !

cost me a flight from Phuket to KL once. I made the mistake to ask a very unfriendly Immigration lady for her name.....they let me wait until my

flight was gone, I have to come back the next day and nearly missed my flight to Europe and US......sure, before they let me go I have to sign a couple

of papers which stated it was all my fault.....

Well why the not cancel the E-mail adress now you can see how st the are.

And I know a Thai don't want lost his face; whe are the bad.

Best regard

billshot64

Hi moskito,

b

Good to hear you had no troubles!

What kind of Non-O did you get? And what paperwork, funds did you have to show.

Thanks a lot!

welo

I applied and received a Non O multiple entry visa for one year.

Originals must be shown but they kept only the copies of

Bankbook with some money inside (i had around 100k in my account)

Marriage Certification

Translation of Marriage Certification proofed by ministry of marriages in bkk

Baanpaper

ID Card Copy of my beloved wife

a letter of support from my beloved wife is not requested but i had one

Passportcopys (I copied all pages but needed only some)

hope I havnt forgotten something

Seconded. I have always been dealt with fairly and effectively at KL.

Never a problem getting multi Non Imm O visas. Mine are based on marriage.

I had even less than you in my bankbook.............75k. They still gave me it.