Pediatrician

SBACM

Coming down to BKK for a week from the North and need to get Jr. checked out as he had pnuemonia in his first month Can any Thavisa's members give me some direction either Hospital or Dr. Names?

Much Thanks-

Coming down to BKK for a week from the North and need to get Jr. checked out as he had pnuemonia in his first month Can any Thavisa's members give me some direction either Hospital or Dr. Names?

Much Thanks-

One of the better (if not the best) hospital imho, is Bumrungrad, Sukhumvit Soi one. They're a bit over the top in some ways but your Jr will rcv world class care there. http://www.bumrungrad.com

In my opinion Bumrungrad is cewrtainly the best hotel of all the hospitals and will have the best facilities. It is also the most expensive. It is American managed and runs very smoothly imo far better than many hospitals i have seen in the UK/US.

However imo this does not mean that you will ge the best treatment for Jr. I am not saying that you wont either.

For me it all depends on the doctor and not the hospital. Many of the doctors are affiliated with several hospitals so you could conceivably receive the same care at a much lower price and possibly with abetter attitude.

I have used Bumrungrad on a few ocassions as well as other hospitals.

On at least 2 occasions I was far from happy with the service/treatment I received from the doctor involved at Bumrungrad reminding me of the service of a NHS hospital in the UK. I would expect far better from Bumrungrad. I might just have been unlucky

What you need is a recommendation for a specific doctor.

I have used the pediatric service at Phyathai 1 several times and in general been happy with the service and treatment but do not have names for you I am afraid.

If noone else comes up with one I will try to find one.

I would also point out that i have friends who have been totally unimpressed with the service from Phyathai 1 (not pediatrics)

www.phyathai.com

Edited by qwertyuiop