Video Equipment In Cm

Shah Jahan

Where can I buy a nice HD video camera in Chaing Mai and get help from staff who mostly knows what they are talking about and not just picking their zits and hoping that I go away?

Will need things like a lapel mic and tripod as well, and want to make sure I get a good complete package (ie.. the right adapter for making the mic work with the camera...etc...)

Denchai are not bad, but for staff with knowhow you can't go past Photobug. Opposite the Kafe on the inside of the klong, just along from Chiangmoi Road, and they also had a shop at Pantip plaza. English speaking and extremely helpful.

Photo Bug don't carry video equipment as far as I know. I never found the staff at Denchai very knowledgeable about stills gear but I'm sure it varies by department so worth a look. If you're planning on getting a pro setup together a trip to BKK may be a good investment.

Where can I buy a nice HD video camera in Chaing Mai and get help from staff who mostly knows what they are talking about and not just picking their zits and hoping that I go away?

Will need things like a lapel mic and tripod as well, and want to make sure I get a good complete package (ie.. the right adapter for making the mic work with the camera...etc...)

You can't!!!!! I ended up buying a Canon HF100 AVCHD SD card camcorder ( Really great, 1920/1080 definition) in the UK for half the price they quoted here ( 50,000 Baht!) ( in a catalogue in Photobug but no example!! could only order from BKK). ( I was there in May) . Bought microphone there too. Ordered a tele lens adaptor from B&H in New York. They re probably your best bet. Prices are good, delivery fast ( but will cost $40-100). Another good photstore is Adorama, you'll find both on Google.

You can't!!!!! I ended up buying a Canon HF100 AVCHD SD card camcorder ( Really great, 1920/1080 definition) in the UK for half the price they quoted here ( 50,000 Baht!) ( in a catalogue in Photobug but no example!! could only order from BKK). ( I was there in May) . Bought microphone there too. Ordered a tele lens adaptor from B&H in New York. They re probably your best bet. Prices are good, delivery fast ( but will cost $40-100). Another good photstore is Adorama, you'll find both on Google.

shipping electronics into thailand?

never heard of that one working smoothly before