What Pets You've Ever Had?

Mine: golden fish, tropical fish, a parrot, a thrush, a small lizard, two ducks, dung beetles, turtles, tadpoles, a small crab. :o

My first pet - golden fish died of bleaching water.

My tropic fish always ate each other.

My parrot flew away.

My thrush... cant remember clearly.

My lovely small lizard died in the winter 'coz of cold.

Two ducks were eaten by my mom' friends.

Dung beetles died natually.

Turtles went out for fun and got missed.

Tadpoles grew up and became frogs. Then I took them to farmland. (actually I love eating frogs.)

I caught a small crab and found two crabs the next day. I insisted that my dad caught the other one for surprising me. In fact, it was an ecdysis.

Edited by anna234cn

You are too bad twars!

Ok my first pet was a cat that when I was born went mad and all it's hair fell out and it had to get put down :D (So my mum told me)!

Second was another cat called Marmaduke, I insisted on trying to teach it to play my electric keyboard with it's paws, it ran away :o

After that a got a goldfish which I called 'Dolphy' becuase I thought it was a dolphin :D (Hey I was still only 5!) Died naturally when i was about 10 and I cried buckets! :D

Then a dog called Misky, mad English cocker, then another dog we rescued called Sadie, they were so mad together we had to give Misky to another home, and sadie died naturally at about 13.

Now we have 6 poodles in the house (was 2, but they accidently multiplied) a Golden retriever (Mad slobber chops!)

and my 2 personal pets are my Indian Star Tortoises, who I take care of everyday! (Cute little beggers, but dam! can they wee gallons when you pick them up!)

I've kept a cat, scorpions, tarantula and trapdoor spiders, frogs including the poison arrow variety, toads, tortoises, terrapins, crabs, a moray eels, millipedes, newts, salamanders and probably somethings I can't remember.

Fish are my favorite though, I'm a true fish geek, specially tropicals and got a wicked fish tank in Bangkok, one day when I sort out photo bucket I'll post a pic.

Most notable pets

- Cat with no tail, family favourite.

- Horned frog called Ice Cube that done nothing but sit down and eat the occaisonal mouse, dope smokers and dole bludgers favourite (due to lack of movement and sheer laziness/ eating mice cool factor).

- Had a snake that lived loose in my bedroom, slept in my sock drawer, escaped once by getting out of my window, lived wild in the garden for a couple of weeks before found it again.

-Whites Tree Frogs that lived loose in the bedroom (different time from the snake), noisy b.astards.

-Adopted a bat for a while that some thais were playing about with in a bar, named Batseeda, only young so kept hold of him to feed him up before taking him down the zoo.

sounds you like the animals with hair, Shola. I am usually afraid of those animals.

forogt to mention I got a newt too. I picked it up in a rainy day and it was slipping into a sewer.

In the summer, I could find lots of died or sleeping bats sticking on the walls. I always stoned them and saw they falling down. Quite fun.

Edited by anna234cn

I suppose it should be CC market really, but always called it JJ.

Did you get asked to take your previous avatar off Anna?

Just get bored of my previous avatar. Actually still looking for a new passionate one for me. If u like it, bkk madness, I can send it to you before I delete it from my computer. :o

btw, I heard there are lots of smuggled lizards from North and South America in Thailand. Anybody knows where they are?

rabbit - bit by car

lizard - died from dehydration (went on vacation and granny forgot to water)

4 cats - 3 hit by cars, 1 AWOL)

2 dogs - 1 hit by car, one sold by parents for $20 after i joined military (full-blooded collie! :o )

thats all i have to say about that :D

Edited by devildog683

Going from most recently bought:

Terry & June the "Securi-Geese"

Gerald (traveling Soi Dog)

Morris (the minah bird)

Ringo the parrot

Jarre the parakete

Pepsi the black lab

Loius the caviller king charles

a far few tropical fish (i'd name them, but they kept forgetting :o )

next pet i plan to own is either a small monkey or an african grey parrot - not worked that one out yet...

Well apart from the usual cats and dogs, for over 20years of my life I worked with wild animals,Ihad an ocelot as house cat for over 10 years, handraised siberian tigers at home , other home bottlebabies were , brownbear cub, baby orangs,numerous chimps and the cutest mountaingorilla baby girl you have ever seen,was well known in germany for my tame eagles and vultures, had a european eagle owl called Barney for over 30 years ,had to give him up when we moved to OZ, here I have had the usual injured wildlife ,possums ,baby roo,s and wallabies and of course treelice!!(Koalas) one of the last jobs Idid before Iretired was train keepers in Steve Irwins Australia Zoo,Ihave got photo,s of my bottle babies just to prove I aint shooting the crap, nignoy

Well apart from the usual cats and dogs, for over 20years of my life I worked with wild animals,Ihad an ocelot as house cat for over 10 years, handraised siberian tigers at home , other home bottlebabies were , brownbear cub, baby orangs,numerous chimps and the cutest mountaingorilla baby girl you have ever seen,was well known in germany for my tame eagles and vultures, had a european eagle owl called Barney for over 30 years ,had to give him up when we moved to OZ, here I have had the usual injured wildlife ,possums ,baby roo,s and wallabies and of course treelice!!(Koalas) one of the last jobs Idid before Iretired was train keepers in Steve Irwins Australia Zoo,Ihave got photo,s of my bottle babies just to prove I aint shooting the crap, nignoy

Bloody coooool!

I envy you, Nignoy. They are all my dreams.

Edited by anna234cn

next pet i plan to own is either a small monkey or an african grey parrot - not worked that one out yet...

I guess owning a monkey privately is illegal. :o

depends which country you own it in.....

All of these pets I had as a kid:

Cats - First one ran over, Second ran over Third got his skull caved in by a neighbour who didn't like it annoying his dogs, Fourth was asleep under my fathers car when he reversed over it, Fifth I awoke one morning to some nasty sounding pitbulls shaking it about, managed to get them off and the vets surgery saved it for a very high cost, now lives with my mother.

Rats - All died of cancer (alot of rodents do).

Rabbits - killed by a fox.

Guinea Pig - got sick and died of pneumonia.

Salamanders - Pet shop told me to feed them live mealworms, stopped eating after a few days so started force feeding them, died not long after. Several years later found out that salamnders can't digest mealworms, and they'll eat the salamanders from the inside out.

Newt - Escaped and disapeared, assume the cat ate it.

Frogs - Released back into the wild.

Garter Snakes - One escaped, found it under the floorboards a few days later, both died of natural causes.

Tortoises - One of the tortoises went missing and we moved houses, after a long time in which I assume it was hibernating the new owners of the house found it and returned it to us. All three were stolen a few years later.

Terrapins - Guess they died of natural causes, but can't remember.

Golden Orfe - Died after a nearby chemical factory explolded and it rained down into my pond the next day.

Fantail Goldfish - One's swimbladder inflated so much that he could only float upside down on the surface (apparantly a common problem as these fish have been bred to deformity) the other now lives with my mother.

Canary - Was blind and deaf, my canary breeding great grandfather didn't want it so we had it. Lived to a long old age (in canary years) and died of natural causes.

Cockatill - Natural Causes.

Pidgeon eggs - Didn't hatch.

Think that's about it.

Haven't had any pets as an adult (except the fantail goldish), but am seriously looking into getting an Iguana. Have wanted one of those since I was a kid, they just look so prehistoric.

Great pic of the snake Rav. I used to have one just like that, perfectly tame. Your've had me google searching kingsnakes since seeing that, trying to work out what one I want to buy down JJ, but I might have to go for the milksnake instead.

... Mr. Nignoy impressed us all.

Aside from Dutch, Swedish, German, French, Swiss, Thai, Burmese, Chinese and Laotian ladies I had two Siamese cats en a lot of fishes (the last I don't know where they actually came from).

Mr. Nignoy, please can you tell me why Siamese (thai) cats talk so much?

... Mr. Nignoy impressed us all.

Aside from Dutch, Swedish, German, French, Swiss, Thai, Burmese, Chinese and Laotian ladies I had two Siamese cats en a lot of fishes (the last I don't know where they actually came from).

Mr. Nignoy, please can you tell me why Siamese (thai) cats talk so much?  lots of cats are very vocal,but there again so are lots of the ladies!! for example afer my second wife passed away, after 6 weeks we had to dig her up and sow her gob shut!! she was german by the way!! :o  :D