Degree In Thailand

Hi I need a little advice I have been living in Thailand now for 3 years also teaching here I have now decided that I should do a degree in Thailand how I understand it I need to do an education degree anyone know where I could do this part time . I live in rangsit so anywhere around here would be good .

Many thanks

M

1. I know that doing a degree in Thailand wont be recognized outside Thailand.

2. I know ksr would sell me one.

Ramkhamhaeng offer a weekend course, or if you want to do Masters try King Mongkuts in North Bangkok.

Dhurakibundit is also another one close to you.

Beano,

Are you sure you are not confusing the post-grad Diploma with a BA at Ram. As far as I am aware Ram (for courses taught in English in IIS) only has "full time" undergrad courses. The weekend Teaching diploma is a weekend course but as it is "post-grad" they require proof of a completed degree before you can register on it.

Mark,

You will see that a degree from Ram IS acceptable outside of Thailand, ignore other misinformed posts.

Secondly.....

NOTE that if you do not want to have to jump through additional hoops after completing your bachelor degree then you do not just need any bachelor degree, a BA is not good enough. You need a B.Ed.. According to current rules a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) alone is not guaranteed to satisfy the current Thai regulations (you currently have to spend a further 8 months part-time doing the post-grad diploma mentioned above), but a Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) is and will minimise any problems or additional hoop-jumping for Thai officials in the short and long term future. There are less of these available in the uni's (in English taught programmes) and they are only available in limited "education" related subjects, so, like many others, you may still choose to do a BA and hoop-jump as that currently works (at least till the next-tightening up of the regulations). If I could do it again I think I'd choose a B.Ed. just to be on the safe side. As you are starting out, who knows what hoops will be in place in three or so year's time when you graduate?

ALL,

Yes I know you CAN get a job with a BA or less but officially as far as I am aware a B.Ed. is the officially quoted minimum.

Good luck, and happy course hunting.