Bangkok Bank Atm Cards

I seem to remember this being discussed here. But, of course, if you try to include the acronym "ATM" in your forum search you get the following error message:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

So, the question is:

If you open a joint account at Bangkok Bank, can you get an ATM card for each account holder?

I seem to remember this being discussed here. But, of course, if you try to include the acronym "ATM" in your forum search you get the following error message:
One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you are searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

So, the question is:

If you open a joint account at Bangkok Bank, can you get an ATM card for each account holder?

Yes you can

Normally when you open an account they whack out a premade card for you, made for that account. To get a second card they would certainly have to make one for you and this being Thailand I think it is probably something done so rarely that nobody but a few people in the headoffice know how to proceed with it.

Note that if you intend to use your joint account for your visa application you will need to double the money in the account. (I found out the hard way, TIT).

Note that if you intend to use your joint account for your visa application you will need to double the money in the account. (I found out the hard way, TIT).

In over ten years of renewing my annual visas that has never been the case for me and I've never heard of it being the case for anyone else. Maybe the rest of us have been lucky, or maybe you just drew the black bean at Immigration on the particular day you were there.

You do not need to double any amount in a joint bank account with a wife for a support Thai wife extension. If you have a joint account with someone else or extension is not based on support that might be the case.

All depends on the office, officer and other circumstances.

I was lucky enough to get a Non O with joint acount with 200 000 thb only, last June :o

All depends on the office, officer and other circumstances.

I was lucky enough to get a Non O with joint acount with 200 000 thb only, last June :o

Dunno how you did it :D You must be a great talker :D

I only report what I was told by the captain in soi 8 when I came with a joint account. Yes it was with my wife and it was for the wife visa.

Not trying to say you are wrong but trying to understand why the officer said that. Does your account show a number of local deposits perhaps rather being mainly of the wire transfer types (if you do not work here)? Was it this year (new policy)?

As long as the account obviously contains your money as the source it should be accepted - but I can see that they (could) question it if not; under the marriage laws of joint property. But it seems kind of picky and do not know of anyone having such a problem here in Bangkok (yet) where the approvals are done.

Guess the alternative would be two accounts with linkage.