A Squash Court In Ban Chang

Richb2004v2

Try The Embassador Jomtien, Know its not Bang Chang but not far away

That's where I used to play a few years ago. It is still a bit far away. If nothing else turns up I will go back.

Nothing in Ban Chang or surrounding areas, a buddy of mine plays squash and he goes to Pattaya..

Try The Embassador Jomtien, Know its not Bang Chang but not far away

That's where I used to play a few years ago. It is still a bit far away. If nothing else turns up I will go back.

Nothing in Ban Chang or surrounding areas, a buddy of mine plays squash and he goes to Pattaya..

There was definitely one in one of the hotels between Phayun and Phala beach. It was either Puramis, Milford or one of the others. I just can't remember which. My wife said the hotel was taken over by a bank so the court can no longer be used. She can't remember which one it was either. I guess I will have to take a drive along and look for it.

If you decide to go back to Ambassador they have a Squash Club that meets every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 5pm to around 8pm.

Costs 50 Baht and all standards are welcome.

That sounds good. A few years ago I tried unsuccessfully to find either a squash or badminton club. I tried two Thai organized badminton clubs and eventually gave it up as I could not figure out what was going on. Is that club Thai or ferang or a mix, and is it actually organized as a club. The badminton clubs I tried seemed only to be sets of completely separate people without any organized rotation or selection of play.

Thanks for the info anyway, I will try it when I return in five weeks, after some practice of course :) .

There is a squash court at Payoon Garden Cliff condo next to Purimas hotel

That must be the one I used before. I will check it again and maybe warm up there before joining the club mentioned in the other post.

The Squash Club at the Ambassador is 'organised' by Farangs but there have been Thais playing there too over the years.

I put 'organised' in quotes as it's really quite laid back, you turn up and play whoever is there, usually best of 3 so you can change partners quickly.

If the courts are OK at Payoon do you need someone to knock about with? I haven't played in a year due to the move to Ban Chang and have put on a bit of weight but could manage 1 night a week at least.

That must be the one I used before. I will check it again and maybe warm up there before joining the club mentioned in the other post.

The Squash Club at the Ambassador is 'organised' by Farangs but there have been Thais playing there too over the years.

I put 'organised' in quotes as it's really quite laid back, you turn up and play whoever is there, usually best of 3 so you can change partners quickly.

If the courts are OK at Payoon do you need someone to knock about with? I haven't played in a year due to the move to Ban Chang and have put on a bit of weight but could manage 1 night a week at least.

Yes I'm certainly interested. I havn't played for about four years, but I normally pick it back up fairly quickly. I'm away at work for the next five weeks but when I get back i will PM you. I look forward to it.

Yes I'm certainly interested. I havn't played for about four years, but I normally pick it back up fairly quickly. I'm away at work for the next five weeks but when I get back i will PM you. I look forward to it.

Great, now I've got a target to stop drinking and do some walking in the evening when I get home from work.

• 1 month later...
I see someone mentioned badminton...

Are there any clubs in Rayong area? My knees are too dodgy for squash now after about 10 years off...

TIA,

There are some decent courts in Rayong. It was totally disorganized, or at least I couldn't figure out the system of play if there was one. I forget the actual location other then it was between the main road and the beach. I think it was on PMY Soi. Head towards the signs for PMY I think. It was some sort of health center with running, keep fit and badminton. The people there were very friendly and accommodating but I only went the once.