"cd" Next To Entry Stamp

Hi

I returned Friday evening and went through the "CIP Fast Track" channel (thanks for the upgrade Qatar Airways, the queues at Immigration were horrendous/normal).

The immigration officer stamped me in for the 90 days (Non-Imm O multi visa), but as well as the hand written flight number, visa class and his initial he added "CD" under the stamp.

Any ideas what this is about? I'm neither a diplomat or travelling on a diplomatic passport.

Another quick question: I recently renewed my Non-Imm O with the efficient honorary consulate in the east of England. This time they did not add the "Employment Prohibited" stamp to the visa. I assume this was a mistake by them and I'm still banning from seeking work.

Don't know about the "cd", but as far as being banned for looking for work goes, you are not. With or without the stamp you can always look for work.

Once you find a job you need to get a work permit, it is the work permit that allows you to work. The work permit you can get on a non-O visa, ithout any problem. Only when onan extension of stay based on retirement will you run into problems.

The stamp "working prohibited" must be seen as a reminder that you are not allowed to work without a work permit.