Piggy's Fish And Chip Shop

Krupnik

Hiya, I hope this doesn't get deleted. It's not about my business, but of a good friend so I'm trying to drum up some publicity for him! Him and his wife 'Piggy' have just opened up the above business today. It's a great little place. They've got an excellent menu (I'm vegan myself, but they even cater for me, and everyone has said the fish is really good.) They do cod, plaice, battered sausage, all traditional British stuff. Very reasonable prices and a full bar! Deserts too, apple pie and custard etc.

Give it a go!!

Turn left down Chiang Moi just before Mike's Burgers and it's a few shops down on the right!

x

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd kill for a decent battered cod and chips, and so would several others I know. . . .

Luckily for you and your friends, in most restaurants, the killing has already been done for you! :)

Hey Rass, why don't you come and join us if you are free. Phone me and we'll organise a time for this week.

Just left Piggys after 8 hours of drinking and eating (yes Im a fat bastard but lets not talk bout that right now) and i was one of the first to get fish and chips and since i owned a chippie in the uk i gave them a few tips and watched them get better and better throughout the day and I believe they are the best chippie in chiang mai they have a ways to go with take away and a few other additions but i really enjoyed the meal there and the fish and chips are crackin not to mention cheese on toast with HP sauce (not at the same time LOL)

ITS THERE FIRST DAY ( yes i am shouting) meaning they are still sourcing the best pies currys etc therefore before you chavs slag them give it a couple of weeks to sort things out.

Yes the boss's hubbie has more tats than the average GEEZER

Charlies is good i have eaten there many times but this place is cheap as chips (pun intended) 120 baht for Fish and Chips if you want COD 170 baht but the regular fish is kicken and the beer batter is very tasty.

try it out give them a little breather for a couple of weeks till they get things in order but if todays meals as an indication of whats to come Im there

Cheap tasty and very authentic

I dropped by this evening and must say the F&C was good and excellent value too. Try the cod alternative at 120 baht. It was not far off the real thing although in the UK I always preferred Haddock which seemed to me to have a more distinctive flavour which is needed with all the batter and chips and sauce and all. Having said that it's not a place to sit and linger but nevertheless a welcome addition to the food on offer around Thapae Gate. I wish them luck in their new endeavour.

Edited by Greenside

Just left Piggys after 8 hours of drinking and eating (yes Im a fat bastard but lets not talk bout that right now) and i was one of the first to get fish and chips and since i owned a chippie in the uk i gave them a few tips and watched them get better and better throughout the day and I believe they are the best chippie in chiang mai they have a ways to go with take away and a few other additions but i really enjoyed the meal there and the fish and chips are crackin not to mention cheese on toast with HP sauce (not at the same time LOL)

ITS THERE FIRST DAY ( yes i am shouting) meaning they are still sourcing the best pies currys etc therefore before you chavs slag them give it a couple of weeks to sort things out.

Yes the boss's hubbie has more tats than the average GEEZER

Charlies is good i have eaten there many times but this place is cheap as chips (pun intended) 120 baht for Fish and Chips if you want COD 170 baht but the regular fish is kicken and the beer batter is very tasty.

try it out give them a little breather for a couple of weeks till they get things in order but if todays meals as an indication of whats to come Im there

Cheap tasty and very authentic

Sounds great and I think I'm off down there today. Cod 170 Baht...Bargain!.....Have you seen the prices in yer average British chippy lately? They are going into orbit.

Nice to get a taste of home now and then....and hard to find traditional fish and chips in thailand.

Good luck to them and looking forward to some f&c next time im in chiang mai.

Is he english?????....only the english can do the best f&c......tried some spanish f&c before :)...never again!

Piggy's??....is that his or her name??

Do they serve real British chips?

French fries are fine with a burger, but fish and chips require the real thing! :)

The guy who runs it is from the UK.

Yes, real chips.

It is more like fish and chips from a chippy in england than charlies and cheaper.

Sounds like a good thing. Gotta have a go so as to compare to the world's best Fish and Chip producers........Australia.

I only hope Ajarn doesn't order take away then photograph the leftovers 3 hours later and start complaining.

I think he's taking a short rest from posting after that review :)

i happened to pass by on Sunday before he officially opened ,very good menu and the jacket potatoes were in my opinion to cheap and the beer to expensive but a very good set up and good location and a varied menu.

best of luck to you Ryan and partner.

I will be trying some thing of the menu this week, fish and chips of course!!

Him and his wife 'Piggy' have just opened up the above business today. ...Turn left down Chiang Moi just before Mike's Burgers and it's a few shops down on the right!...

Always good to see someone with the confidence to start up a new venture here.

For those trying to find the new shop, when I walked past a few days ago, the name on the sign was "Pinky's" ... or I need to get some eyeglasses?

For those familiar with the area, Pinky's/Piggy's is in the same shop house where "Texas BBQ" used to be, until that closed last month.

I haven't eaten there, so no comment on the food.

Good on Pinky/Piggy for having a go.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Edited by Oneman

Him and his wife 'Piggy' have just opened up the above business today. ...Turn left down Chiang Moi just before Mike's Burgers and it's a few shops down on the right!...

Always good to see someone with the confidence to start up a new venture here.

For those trying to find the new shop, when I walked past a few days ago, the name on the sign was "Pinky's" ... or I need to get some eyeglasses?

For those familiar with the area, Pinky's/Piggy's is in the same shop house where "Texas BBQ" used to be, until that closed last month.

I haven't eaten there, so no comment on the food.

Good on Pinky/Piggy for having a go.

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Pinky's is a totally different place. Piggy's is a fish and chip shop on the other side of the road not a hot wings shop. Please don't get the two confused!

oneman.

quote ...... For those trying to find the new shop, when I walked past a few days ago, the name on the sign was "Pinky's" ... or I need to get some eyeglasses?

errr ... umm ... yes you do . ..... charoen optical are good so im told : )

to settle the question of whos shop is where here are some pictures.

pinkys is 20 yards down chiang moi road on the left.

the fish and chip shop is a little further down chiang moi road on the right .... the same side as mikes burgers to oneman : )

enjoy .... dave2

ps ...UG ..the red lion serves two nice pieces of white fish and the un irish one big piece of white fish but ive never asked if its cod as they both look / taste good so who cares ?

ps ...UG ..the red lion serves two nice pieces of white fish and the un irish one big piece of white fish but ive never asked if its cod as they both look / taste good so who cares ?

Some places use red snapper which tastes good, but has a denser texture than cod which I prefer. :)

to settle the question of whos shop is where here are some pictures.

Excellent.

Thank you, "Dave2" for going over there to take those photos and posting here.

Your photos make it clear: Piggy's is not Pinky's.

(And you've saved me the cost of buying eyeglasses.)

-- Oneman

Chiangmai

Piggy's looks a little small and claustraphobic to sit down and eat. If the fish and chips are take away, are the chips going to be fresh when I get them home? French fries from McDs never are, but chips from the chippy back home always remained fresh when wrapped in paper.