Island In Front Of Trang : Koh Libong, Koh Muk, Koh Kradan, Koh Lao Liang, Koh Sukorn...

atchara

Hi,

I gonna go to trang on next month with some friends and would like to stay for 5 days in the island in front. I don't know which one to choose : Koh Libong, Koh Muk, Koh kradan, Koh Lao Liang, Koh Sukorn, Koh Petra or Koh Meng. i would like to rent a bungalow on a beautiful beach, rent motorbike, have a choice of restaurant and bar. Which one is more crowded and nicer ? Could you advice me please?

Thanks u so much ! :)

richard4849

pls go on and provide the potential visitors to the south with more details and specificities ok?

there might be many others who might be just thinking about going south at the moment but lack information!

be a swell guy and help promote the south travel industry pls.... pls.... pls....

especially those exotic islands where visitors could swim into a cave inside an island and also another cave where access can only be gained thru sitting in a canoe laying flat on our back.... something like that, right?

and remember to emphasize that southern locals are honest and down to earth and would never cheat visitors, or charge visitors an arm and a foot for a drive around the corner like some other equally famous places....

most importantly, southern hospitality is famous worldwide.... thx richard4849

Edited by nakachalet

Well out of your list, I've been on Koh Sukorn and Koh Kradan. You missed Koh Ngai.

Sukorn is very quiet, one little village and a few laid-back bungalow operations. It does have motorcycle lanes. Not many restaurants or bars. Beach is pretty but water is quite murky because it's a coastal island.

Koh Kradan is quite undeveloped, no vehicles, just walking paths. There's a new 5-star resort there which I've never seen. Aside from that, Koh Kradan Paradise, a biggish bungalow outfit, and Paradise Lost (aka Wally's), a jungle camp on the hill. Very good snorkeling, lots of beautiful beaches, no bar or restaurant scene. When I was there a few years ago, KK Paradise had terrible food and Wally's had very good cuisine, fresh barbecued bonito for example.

Of the 3 islands, Ngai is the most developed, with a range of resorts and bungalow outfits, and even a pier where an excursion boat stops once a day, acting as a ferry to Koh Lanta. I forget whether there's motorbike traffic. We walked in the neighbourhood of our budget resort, Koh Ngai Paradise (great!) and otherwise travelled by longtail boat.

On that particular trip, we used a transfer from a travel agency in Trang to get to Kradan, took a longtail to Ngai, then that "ferry" to Lanta, then the Krabi-Lanta passenger ferry which stops offshore at Koh Jum, where we jumped into the longtail for New Bungalow, fell in love with the place and ended our island hopping, staying there until we ran out of time. We've been back 3 times since. Koh Jum meets all my personal, island getaway needs: variety of restaurants and a few bars, stupendous beach, no silly nightlife, dodgy tailors or garish souvenir shops, a practically untouched Thai fishing village, and very few artificial upscale resorts, but lots of cheap and natural bungalow accommodation.

Well out of your list, I've been on Koh Sukorn and Koh Kradan. You missed Koh Ngai.

Sukorn is very quiet, one little village and a few laid-back bungalow operations. It does have motorcycle lanes. Not many restaurants or bars. Beach is pretty but water is quite murky because it's a coastal island.

Koh Kradan is quite undeveloped, no vehicles, just walking paths. There's a new 5-star resort there which I've never seen. Aside from that, Koh Kradan Paradise, a biggish bungalow outfit, and Paradise Lost (aka Wally's), a jungle camp on the hill. Very good snorkeling, lots of beautiful beaches, no bar or restaurant scene. When I was there a few years ago, KK Paradise had terrible food and Wally's had very good cuisine, fresh barbecued bonito for example.

Of the 3 islands, Ngai is the most developed, with a range of resorts and bungalow outfits, and even a pier where an excursion boat stops once a day, acting as a ferry to Koh Lanta. I forget whether there's motorbike traffic. We walked in the neighbourhood of our budget resort, Koh Ngai Paradise (great!) and otherwise travelled by longtail boat.

On that particular trip, we used a transfer from a travel agency in Trang to get to Kradan, took a longtail to Ngai, then that "ferry" to Lanta, then the Krabi-Lanta passenger ferry which stops offshore at Koh Jum, where we jumped into the longtail for New Bungalow, fell in love with the place and ended our island hopping, staying there until we ran out of time. We've been back 3 times since. Koh Jum meets all my personal, island getaway needs: variety of restaurants and a few bars, stupendous beach, no silly nightlife, dodgy tailors or garish souvenir shops, a practically untouched Thai fishing village, and very few artificial upscale resorts, but lots of cheap and natural bungalow accommodation.

So Koh Jum is your choice, and as it seems that we like the same thins I trust you, but this island being so close to the coast is the water clear and clean ?

Thanks for you reply.

Thanks a lot, very good informations !!! I will visit Koh Ngai and Koh Jum so

• 1 month later...