Thai Pms Office Sprayed With Bullets

george

Thai PMs office sprayed with bullets

By John Le Fevre

BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): -- Thai police are hunting those responsible for a pre-dawn assault on the head office of Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s Democrat Party in Klong Toey this morning.

While there were no injuries in the early morning barrage, police said the gunfire damaged the front of the building.

Police said they believed those responsible were traveling on motorbikes and were attempting to determine the source of origin of bullets and shell casings found at the scene.

Abhisit's Democrat Party has led Thailand's ruling coalition since December last year, following months of protests that ended in the toppling of the previous government loyal to fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Since attaining office after the Constitutional Court dismissed the previous Government, Abhisit has attempted to heal the rift between the largely rural poor and Bangkok’s urban elite.

Protests by pro-Thaksin “redshirts” in April forced the cancellation of a summit of Asian leaders and left two people dead and 123 injured.

The protests saw a state of emergency declared in Bangkok escalating to what many saw as an attempt to kill Abhisit at the Interior Ministry and scenes of violence and anarchy which many in the redshirt movement blame on infiltrators from rival organizations.

The Thai army was turned out to maintain order and gradually pushed protesters back tot heir main support base in front of Government House before redshirt leaders agreed to disperse.

This mornings shooting of the Democrat Party head office in the heart of Bangkok is scene as evidence that Thailand’s political climate remains tense.

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2009-08-10

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another sign of true democracy. I want to know if anyone still believes that Red Shirt (or Taksin and/or Taksin followers)are still true democrats :)

Yes, I still believe that most Red Shirts are true democrats. But there are always some people who cross the line. We call them terrorists…

We call them RED SHIRT THAKSINISTA terrorists…

To the red shirt apologists, HONESTLY tell us what percentage of the so called pro democracy reds are OK with this kind of violence (aside from those who are actually acting out violently)? I say a HUGE percentage. By OK I mean psychologically supportive, even silently, and certainly they won't denounce it. Tell me that you actually believe that Isaan would not be DANCING IN THE FIELDS if these thugs had hit their presumed target?

Bottom line: the red shirt movement is a movement that has no qualms about causing bloodshed in Thailand ... red, how apt.

Edited by Jingthing

you guys posting and making such political assumptions should also take into account the recent high profile arrests of drug gangs in klong toei!! with the reputation of these gangs, it just doesnt surprise me that such an incident can happen in klong toei,who do you think these gangs would be blaming?

Cue Koo82 to tell use it was really blues disguised as reds who did the shooting.

Cue FurWart to tells it's not as it appears

because true democracy has been subverted by a judicial coup,

and those couldn't be real Rouge Merdes riding those bikes

because the petition hasn't been handed over yet

and it's too early to cue the street riots,

somebody is faking it...

And we are all such good friends!

It's been awhile since we've heard from Red Shirter Sae Daeng and I had been wondering what he's been up to lately....

From the Sondhi shooting thread:

Most thais believe its Sae Daeng behind the attack and they may be right. As you say lots of other candidates too.

Certainly one of Thailand's more ... errrr.... colorful... uhmm... characters.

And one that has a penchant for automatic weapons....

15625.gifkhattiya.jpg

"Sae Daeng" AKA Major-General Kattiya Sawasdiphol (from his website)

http://www.sae-dang.com/

redshirtlunatic.jpg

Edited by sriracha john

We call them RED SHIRT THAKSINISTA terrorists…

To the red shirt apologists, HONESTLY tell us what percentage of the so called pro democracy reds are OK with this kind of violence (aside from those who are actually acting out violently)? I say a HUGE percentage. By OK I mean psychologically supportive, even silently, and certainly they won't denounce it. Tell me that you actually believe that Isaan would not be DANCING IN THE FIELDS if these thugs had hit their presumed target?

Bottom line: the red shirt movement is a movement that has no qualms about causing bloodshed in Thailand ... red, how apt.

Jingthing,

I oppose any type of violent protest. But I can also understand the frustration of Thaksin supporters…

Do you seriously believe that the so called Yellow Shirts would have been more peacefully if ever challenged by the opposition or the police? I don’t think so… But anyway. Since protests by Yellow Shirts have been largely tolerated, there has been little confrontation with the police (or Thai military).

But I can also understand the frustration of Thaksin supporters…

Great. So I see very clearly that YOU AGREE WITH ME. The red shirters are violent. Your yellow belly analogy is meaningless. The yellows were not violent in the ways the reds have been, did they violently attack Thaksin's physical person numerous times. No, no, they did not. BTW, I am sick of hearing lame rationalizations for red shirt barbarism, blaming it on someone else. They have free will and they are acting like monsters. For what? A corrupt despot wanna be.

Edited by Jingthing

you guys posting and making such political assumptions should also take into account the recent high profile arrests of drug gangs in klong toei!! with the reputation of these gangs, it just doesnt surprise me that such an incident can happen in klong toei,who do you think these gangs would be blaming?

I agree

The Le Fevre article is more of a cue to start the usual attacks against a certain faction.

If it was pre-dawn why release just before midnight

Who is John le Fevre?

Great. So I see very clearly that YOU AGREE WITH ME. The red shirters are violent. Your yellow belly analogy is meaningless. The yellows were not violent in the ways the reds have been, did they violently attack Thaksin's physical person numerous times. No, no, they did not. BTW, I am sick of hearing lame rationalizations for red shirt barbarism, blaming it on someone else. They have free will and they are acting like monsters. For what? A corrupt despot wanna be.

No, you got it all wrong. All what I’m saying is that I don’t believe that Yellow Shirts are (potentially) less violent than Red Shirts.

The way you put it, it sounds like ALL Red Shirts are terrorists. You will probably agree with me that this is an incredible ‘single-sided’ and naive point of view…

No, you got it all wrong. All what I'm saying is that I don't believe that Yellow Shirts are (potentially) less violent than Red Shirts.

The way you put it, it sounds like ALL Red Shirts are terrorists. You will probably agree with me that this is an incredible 'single-sided' and naive point of view…

but what they have showed us is Red are bad, bashing people in Chiang Mai. People who just made a peaseful parade.

True "freedom of a nation" always came with bloodshed.

Yeah, those pesky people who disagree with your democratic agenda need to be shot. Then democracy will prevail. There is no other way.

Oh, hold on, you could also agree to live with other people in peace... Not very democratic though, is it? All those people have no idea what democracy is, you either shoot them or the country is doomed to to live under murderous elites.

Why even assume it was or had anything to do with Red shirts?  Could be any number of people even one of his own, after all the NAZI's and the like have done this kind of self attacks every time they needed a new crackdown on the opposition.  I would think most of the blind followers and haters of each side would be easy as children to manipulate in this country.  Facts - don't let them get you to confused.  Find them first then sling your accusations.   Unless you know something ahead of time which would make you part of the guilty party how can you know.  Not all of Islam are terrorist and not all red shirts are ether and you can be sure a fair share of yellow are in fact just as bad as the worst of the other side.  To dis agree with that will make you simply another of the blind from ether side.  It could be as simple as a nut case that didn't like the latest gas prices.

The best reason for such a stupid attack would be to get posts like this started

"We call them RED SHIRT THAKSINISTA terrorists…

Bottom line: the red shirt movement is a movement that has no qualms about causing bloodshed in Thailand ... red, how apt."

Seems one side has a lot more to gain from the attack then the reds would ever have.

Why even assume it was or had anything to do with Red shirts? Could be any number of people even one of his own, after all the NAZI's and the like have done this kind of self attacks every time they needed a new crackdown on the opposition. I would think most of the blind followers and haters of each side would be easy as children to manipulate in this country. Facts - don't let them get you to confused. Find them first then sling your accusations. Unless you know something ahead of time which would make you part of the guilty party how can you know. Not all of Islam are terrorist and not all red shirts are ether and you can be sure a fair share of yellow are in fact just as bad as the worst of the other side. To dis agree with that will make you simply another of the blind from ether side. It could be as simple as a nut case that didn't like the latest gas prices.

The best reason for such a stupid attack would be to get posts like this started

"We call them RED SHIRT THAKSINISTA terrorists…

Bottom line: the red shirt movement is a movement that has no qualms about causing bloodshed in Thailand ... red, how apt."

Seems one side has a lot more to gain from the attack then the reds would ever have.

Thank you very much! That was exactly what I was trying to say… (Or was it just my blad Eglish??)

Anyone who has lived in Thailand the past year and doesn't believe the majority of the Red shirts , leaders and some criminal politician behind them are not thugs, are blind , stupid or both.

And so is the other side and thats the whole problem.  I trust both equally,  not at all.   Using the fact that some reds are what they are is going to allow the total ruin of freedom.  The yellows are not standing up for freedom they want control and a system of classes, which allow some to vote others note according to their list.  That makes it easy for the reds to make an issue that rings true.  Pots and kettles both black.

One side is as bad as the other.  Criminal backing and thugs on both sides, it amounts to nothing more then a gang war. Not seeing that is even dumber then dumb.  Don't believe that just because some group on bikes shot up the PM's house they were reds,  they might be,  but why make that kind of trouble?  Whats the point?  Whats to gain?  Does the PM become a red shirt by it and start doing what he is told by them rather then what he does for the PAD now.    I think not.    But the call to arms from the yellows is making out from it just fine, which is normally the case.  Its vary similar to the events before the last coup.  Maybe a third group is working here and they wear another color.

I agree

The Le Fevre article is more of a cue to start the usual attacks against a certain faction.

If it was pre-dawn why release just before midnight

Who is John le Fevre?

It had been posted in the general section yesterday noon .http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Pm-s-Party-Office-Fire-t287557.html

I can already hear the wheels of investigation clicking into underdrive!

..."we've matched the bullet casings to....we think we know who did it... we have no idea if or when we'll be revealing their identity...arrest warrants have been issued...case goes cold...head of investigation complains his work is being interferred with...police chief transferred to inactive post....stop me if you've heard all this before!

Rather stupid and indicative of personal bias to immediately accuse the "redshirts" of this even when there is no evidence that it was politically motivated. For all anyone knows it could be due to a land or business dispute, or a drunken fool or a personal feud. People do not need to wear a specific colour to be violent. Thankfully, in civilized countries we try not to convict based upon suspicion or personal bias.

Pre-dawn attack, which probably means the buildings where probably empty.....unless the security guard was doing his rounds......nah, he would have been safely tucked up somewhere sleeping! :)

There's an article somewhere in the Nation.

Dems blame it on people who can't accept their rising popularity and winning election after election in that area. This is not the first attack either.

Rkasa - no one knows who did it, but the issue is with reds who justify political violence, including killings. Not long ago Koo was advocating throwing grenades into a group of sleeping yellows, now another pro-red poster saying bloodshed is necessary, and now you come and say "yellows did too", like a three year old arguing in a sandbox.

Rather stupid and indicative of personal bias to immediately accuse the "redshirts" of this even when there is no evidence that it was politically motivated.

Democrat MPs Link Gun Attack at Local Office to Politics

Democrat MPs believe that Sunday night's gun assault on the party's Bangkok office in Klongtoey district is politically motivated, as the local election battle intensifies.

Democrat councillor for Klongtoey district of Bangkok Koranit Ngamsukonrattana, along with Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij, was convinced that the gun assault at the Democrat headquarters in Klongtoey late Sunday night was politically motivated.

She said that the battle over the district councillor seat in the Klongtoey district has been fierce so such a presumption is not too far-fetched.

Koranit added for the first time in 20 years, her party won both the Bangkok and district elections in the constituency.

But it is not the first time that the Democrat office is the target of such an underhanded tactic.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-08-10

Hello, thank God there was no one killed or hurt from the actions of these psychopathic punks. If they were serious they would have did their shooting later when more people were around, but it looks like they did not have the experience to scare people so this terror is only a pimple on the bum of society. Maybe more checkpoints on a random basis would work to make Bangkok a little more safe, and look very close at the motorbikes that have 2 people riding together.

No he will never be allowed to come to Thailand alive. It is not about democracy or will of people. Is all about Bth and power. And he has lost them both and in the same time has made many enemies.

But he will try his best to create anarchy and chaos

After all is not about democracy, since both the red and yellow pretty much believe the same, except has the power.

And as soon as you add the power element, then is not really democracy anymore

Another sign of true democracy. I want to know if anyone still believes that Red Shirt (or Taksin and/or Taksin followers)are still true democrats :)

In case you forgot, Thaksin wins landslides in the elections.

The Junta uses guns and tanks to steal the government...then give themselves immunity.

Did you know the Army gave themselves an 80 billion raise when they stole the government from the people?

20 coups in the last 60 years.

You really think the yellows want democracy?

They hate democracy and their dark skinned countrymen.

In case you forgot, Thaksin wins landslides in the elections.

Hitler won elections as well.