Bangrak Accomodation

Samui Mermaid Resort is cheap and cheerfull, they have garden bungalows from 400 baht but for your budget you could probably get one of the sea view bungalows. Has pool and a bar and close enough to the rest of Bangrak. One small problem is it is fairly close to the flight path for the airport so you may get woken up a bit early.

Samui Mermaid Resort is cheap and cheerfull, they have garden bungalows from 400 baht but for your budget you could probably get one of the sea view bungalows. Has pool and a bar and close enough to the rest of Bangrak. One small problem is it is fairly close to the flight path for the airport so you may get woken up a bit early.

Thanks for that sketcher. I will check it out tomorrow when I arrive. Should make a pleasant change from Fishermans Village.

Should make a pleasant change from Fishermans Village.

That's what I said about FV when I moved from Bangrak. :)

I'll 2nd the recommendation for Mermaid. I think 1500 is about what I paid on the beach side by the pool. They have wi-fi in the rooms over on that side as well but you have to pay extra. Or you could go across the street to Premier Bar where the wireless is free. I think they might leave it on so you can even sit out front in the morning before they open.

That's what I said about FV when I moved from Bangrak. :D

Already done Lamai and Chaweng too, maybe Cheong Mon will be next. Plenty of bars to check out fitrst though... :)

One of the best things Bangrak has going for it is it has so much within a ten minute walk.

Plenty of bars - with or without girls, places to eat from dirt cheap to higher end, places to stay from cheap to expensive, JP Market has stuff you won't find at 7-11 or Family Mart which are also nearby. The beach - when clean - is a nice walk and while you wouldn't catch me swimming in that filthy water, the view from the beach at night is beautiful. I left to, 1) experience a diff part of Samui, and 2) get further away from my favorite vices of which I was enjoying too much. I was only paying 10k/month for a decent bungalow 50m from the beach. And if you want, KPG is just minutes away. Choeng Mon sounds like a good place to go next - at least the water is cleaner with a sandy bottom.