Areca Lodge Soi Diana

Ground Engineer

Managed to book the Areca Lodge for the first half of my 10 day break. Recommendations from members for hotels of similar quality for the last 5 days of my stay will be most appreciated.

On Soi Buckhaew, directly opposite the Siam Sawasdee hotel there are the new 'Laguna' apartments. 500 baht for an A/C room and free wireless internet, these being brand new rooms, refurbished just hours ago represent outstanding value for money in a good location right next to the 'Rich Bar' which is one of the best open-air beer bars on Soi Buckhaew.

Didn't show them your avatar by any chance did you?

you mean me? What's wrong about Mr. Richards?

LOL

Not your avatar , the OP's!

Them scousers are everywhere. icon9.gif

:) ...okokok...I was wondering already.

Areca Lodge is one of the best values for money in town....no wonder they are fully booked even in bad times

Walked in today and booked 5 nights for a friend starting Thursday (Aug 20). Standard and delux rooms available. Standard = 1300, Delux = 1400. The only difference is that delux offers coffee and tea making facilities and a view of the pool.

• 3 months later...
Been trying to book the Areca Lodge from mid September but fully booked up. Thought it was supposed to be dead in Patatya!

There are many who believe it is, but don't be fooled because Pattaya is never dead.

A 29 year old Australian 'took a dive' to death, from an Areca Lodge balcony in suspicious circumstances a few days ago: Link below:

Australian fatality at Areca Lodge