Internet Explorer 8

PST

A suggestion - restore your system to an earlier date before upgraded to IE8

Look into the directory if mentioned above. Try to back it up and later restore it to that directory if it has gone.

I am not very familiar with IE8 but an upgrade could delete browser history but maintain global settings and bookmarks.

Regarding your Hotmail I trust it is a setting which has to corrected like "open in same window" because IE8 did not do it automatically.

Have just installed i.e 8,alot of my history (when you click view history by site ) has gone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PST.

have exactly same problem with hotmail "lost" along the installation process of ie8 on my w.vista. any other simpler way out besides those suggested here like restoration to old system -as i am not it-savvy? how u do restoration backwards then, if no other simpler way? o yes, thanking u in advance....

Edited by bobright

Have just installed i.e 8,alot of my history (when you click view history by site ) has gone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PST.

have exactly same problem with hotmail "lost" along the installation process of ie8 on my w.vista. any other simpler way out besides those suggested here like restoration to old system -as i am not it-savvy? how u do restoration backwards then, if no other simpler way? o yes, thanking u in advance....

Yup, IE8 doesn't work too well with Vista for some reason and you can't get any answers from microsoft update. I think they are hoping you will upgrade to Windows 7 in the near future. I ditched IE8 in the end and am still using IE7, no problems there. Delete it from your computer(via control panel) then go to Windows update and look for IE7 and download

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PST.

Yup, IE8 doesn't work too well with Vista for some reason and you can't get any answers from microsoft update. I think they are hoping you will upgrade to Windows 7 in the near future. I ditched IE8 in the end and am still using IE7, no problems there. Delete it from your computer(via control panel) then go to Windows update and look for IE7 and download

had similar problems as others. yes, thanks for the deleting ie8 suggestion. will switch to ie7 now. thnk u again. :)