Range Rover Guys In Chiang Mai - Anyone?

jcon

Just wondering if there are any Range Rover guys on the forum (specifically the P38). I'll be coming back to Thailand soon and I'd like to have somebody check out a P38 RR for me (in Chiang Mai) to add to my stupid collection of cars (or is it my collection of stupid cars?) :)

Yes, I know the P38 is a biatch and can be a money pit ... but I love 'em.... and true love is priceless lol.... I don't plan on staying in Thailand long, but as my final journey in Thailand, I would like to take a P38 Rangie to every single remote spot in Thailand that I can get to... Yes I could do it in a pick-up... but why ruin the experience with a pick-up??? (as a Rangie owner you NEED to have some flashing beeping lights, maybe a EAS bag blow on you, possibly a SuperLock-out to have any sort of real RR fun!)

So any RR guys (or even knowledgeable car guys) in CM?

Just wondering if there are any Range Rover guys on the forum (specifically the P38). I'll be coming back to Thailand soon and I'd like to have somebody check out a P38 RR for me (in Chiang Mai) to add to my stupid collection of cars (or is it my collection of stupid cars?) :)

Yes, I know the P38 is a biatch and can be a money pit ... but I love 'em.... and true love is priceless lol.... I don't plan on staying in Thailand long, but as my final journey in Thailand, I would like to take a P38 Rangie to every single remote spot in Thailand that I can get to... Yes I could do it in a pick-up... but why ruin the experience with a pick-up??? (as a Rangie owner you NEED to have some flashing beeping lights, maybe a EAS bag blow on you, possibly a SuperLock-out to have any sort of real RR fun!)

If you dont want it.. And its price is halfway sensible.. I would like to know about it.

PM me if for some reason you dont go through.

I used to have a 1993 RR 4,2 wheelbase 100", last made without airsuspension. Loved it. Whats P38?

Whats P38?

1995 - 2002 one a 4.0 SE and the other a 4.6 HSE... Not sure the 4.0 SE came here but is the better one...

As for I would like to take a P38 Rangie to every single remote spot in Thailand that I can get to be sure to fill up at every petrol station you see, believe they average about 3 km per lt............ so a diesel pickup would be something like 13 - 15 km per lt + is 10baht per lt cheaper.

Whats P38?

1995 - 2002 one a 4.0 SE and the other a 4.6 HSE... Not sure the 4.0 SE came here but is the better one...

As for I would like to take a P38 Rangie to every single remote spot in Thailand that I can get to be sure to fill up at every petrol station you see, believe they average about 3 km per lt............ so a diesel pickup would be something like 13 - 15 km per lt + is 10baht per lt cheaper.

I like those, even if they had some quality issues. Came here only as 4,6 HSE i guess, and no 2,5 BMW diesels. 4,6 HSE manages 5 km/litres if you accept max 120 kmh. Runs very well on LPG, like 3-4 km/litres. How much do they sell for now?

I had a guy from another car club I belong to (SAAB) check it out for me - SOLD :)

That was freaking quick. The good P38 Range Rovers go so so quickly in the RR circles here in Thailand. There was one on the Forum Sponsor website about 6 months ago, listed for 650 (i think), sold for 520. 200kms, owned by a Brit, he had all the records, he was - now this was from the mechanic at the garage - "insane about maintenance." The manager said the guy would have his driver come into the garage and have 15 "rai-garns" ("maintenance orders") on the sheet, just little stuff like change this switch because the marking is fading, change the ENTIRE side-view mirror because it got scuffed...

And to LivinLOS, that Brit that owned that Range Rover - HE HAD AN 850CSI. Red. In Dubai, IIRC. But like you, he sold it..... :D I have a pic of it on my computer in Thailand... awesome.... that guy had some taste....

There is a Caltex petrol station on Ratchada between Vipawadee and Prachacheun (the part which most people don't really is Ratchada) - many many P38 Range Rover guys go there to wash their cars (it's a good car wash, I go there too...).

One of the guys has a house kind of behind the petrol station and he sometimes parks his Rangie at the station. Black on Black - mint. 18" Hurricane wheels. 4.6HSE wish all of the extra body armour and lighting.... it's really incredible. And 62k kms on it.

Another one is Silver on Silver, mint as well. And another is Light Blue on tan... MINT. None of these guys runs LPG, and all of them have their Electronic Air Suspensions intact.... (and NONE of them will sell) They say it takes MINimum 50k THB per year for maintenance, and the guy with the black one said, "Ow safe safe.... saen kor laew gun" ("To be on the safe side, just budget 100K per year")

Richard_Smith237 - I always thought you were a guy with car taste, too. I remember you had that Alfa - I actually thought about buying that. And if I were to stay in Thailand, I would consider your MKIII (as I imagine you pamper your cars). If you could just switch the 3 and the 2 and make it 2.3mil.... :D jk