Contact Lenses

ceylan

Hi, can anyone tell me if contact lenses are cheaper or about the same price as the U.K? I have just run out of my monthly soft lenses and will be flying in next week. Should I order some here or just pick them up when I arrive? I could do with an eye test too..any recommendations?

Thanks

Hi, can anyone tell me if contact lenses are cheaper or about the same price as the U.K? I have just run out of my monthly soft lenses and will be flying in next week. Should I order some here or just pick them up when I arrive? I could do with an eye test too..any recommendations?

Thanks

I buy my contacts at Tokyo Optical (chain store) and they are around 200-250 baht for a pair(haven't bought them in a while). Also I find that the one brand they have seems to fit my eyes better than other brands here. Let me know if you want me to look up what brand they are. Others seem to dry out or fall out very easily.

Thanks

I wear daily disposable contacts and they are roughly the same price in BKK and in Nakhon Phanom (Wife's family live there) as they are in the UK.

Brigante7.

Thanks for that..I will wait till I get there. I buy online in the u.k but with the postal strike at the moment not sure I would get them in time.

do you get the eye test/contact fitting done at Tokyo optical blakegee? not sure I can find my prescription should have an eye test anyway its been awhile..

Thanks for that..I will wait till I get there. I buy online in the u.k but with the postal strike at the moment not sure I would get them in time.

do you get the eye test/contact fitting done at Tokyo optical blakegee? not sure I can find my prescription should have an eye test anyway its been awhile..

I am not sure about the fitting but an eye test is always included free in Thailand. They aren't usually too interested in your old prescription. Oh ya, mine are 1 month disposables but they usually last me roughly 3 months. From what I understand, there is no difference between 1 day and 1 month, you just have to clean them more often to last longer.