Pilonidal Sinus Surgery In Bangkok

Mali89

Hi... I would like to ask if anyone can recomend where I can have this surgery where they can explain everything for me in english, somewhere that is not too expensive, if anyone can also provide the cost of the operation I will really appreciate it, thanks!

The cost will vary considerably depending on the surgeon and the hospital.

Unfortunately there is a direct correllation between English speaking capacity and cost as far as hospitals go.

If you can accept some language barrier with the nursing and administrative staff, though, the following private non-profit hospitals would all have surgeons on staff who speak English.:

Bangkok Christian hospital

Saint Louis Hospital

Camellian Hospital

Since what you need is a surgeon with particular experience in in pilonidal excision, I suggest you call these 3 places, ask for the suirgery clinic and then ask for an English speaker, may have to go through some waits and being handed from person to person but will eventually get an English speaking nurse on the line; ask her to give you the name of a surgeon who speaks English well and has a lot of experience with pilonidal disease (will probably need to spell that out for her). Once you have gotten a name of a doc, can also ask the approximate cost.

I don't think it will be a lot at these places as it is usually day surgery. Just guessing but I would expect in the vicinity of 20-30,000 baht.

You can review doctor's qualifications on the websites of these hosps also. Some of the senior physicians at Chulalonghorn University Hospal have private practice at Bkk Christian and St Louis due to their nearby location.

If you haven't already, check out the info on this website. Altho the procedure is often a day surgery the recuperation can be prolonged and the aftercare sometimes a challenge

http://www.pilonidal.org/

I don't think it will be a lot at these places as it is usually day surgery. Just guessing but I would expect in the vicinity of 20-30,000 baht.

You can review doctor's qualifications on the websites of these hosps also. Some of the senior physicians at Chulalonghorn University Hospal have private practice at Bkk Christian and St Louis due to their nearby location.

If you haven't already, check out the info on this website. Altho the procedure is often a day surgery the recuperation can be prolonged and the aftercare sometimes a challenge

That's a great website. I had the open healing excision and was in the hospital for 5 days...admittedly that was way back in the 70's. Very successful. The one thing I would point out is that you will be "laid up" to an extent and it pays not to overdue it at all for several days. I was living in New York State at the time and decided after the third day out of the hospital to walk down in the "back yard". It took about 5 minutes down...and 2 hours back up. I found the repacking of gauze to be quite a challenge. Personally, I can't imagine doing it alone...would strongly recommend you hire someone to do it.

I will say this, for a couple of years I had suffered from the pilinoidal cyst. What a fool I had been. I should have had it done much sooner simply for enjoyment of life aspects.

Good luck!