Sheffield United

soihok

This year is off to flying start is,nt it?

0-0 to Boro, but the best was losing 2-1 to port Vale at Bramall Lane.

Most of the team has changed since last season ,, Paddy Kenny will be sorely missed along with K.Naughton.

Season just started so lets get behind The Blades and ....................here we go again.

Cheers

Well I'm sure YOU are gonna be behind the Blades mate.

But please don't expect me to join you LOL

I think we will BOTH need a miricle to get up this season.

The Royals have already lost:

Doyle

Hannaman

S.Hunt...........(Poor Hull, that was a good bit of business on our part.)

Look like losing

Bikey

Harper.

Signed: One new player from Doncaster and a loanee from Chelsea:

If the other wo DO go to Burnley and Wolves respectively it means we have been paid about 14m and spent 2m..thats ambition !!!

Have a new manager that was "Pleased" with a 0-0 at home to Forest!!!

Just can't se it happening for us this season

Do you see it happening for your team?

Hello Pauly.

There really has,nt been much to post about since the despair of the play offs. Despair at the performance of Utd that is.

The team was in a bit of a mess at the end of last season, relying on , onloan, Greg Halford (Sunderland) to play up front when his natural role is at the back,,he did a good job though and its a shame that he was,nt brought in.

Craig Beattie, also on loan was a waste of space.

I belive that if The Blades had,nt sold James Beattie early on in the season they would have gone up.

But its all over anyway , so..............

The team has changed quite a bit from last season although the defence is pretty much the same, Kenny will hear the outcome of the FA hearing soon....hope he can get back quickly.

Its difficult to say how the new team will do but ,,lets be positive and hope for the best.

A bit like being in Thailand really.

0-0 with Forest aint really inspiring I agree but neither is losing to Port Vale at home.

It would be a loss for Reading to lose Bikey adding to other players gone.

No worries,,,,,lets see what happens.

Cheers

Edited by soihok

I really enjoyed listening to the 3-1 win over Reading,,,at Reading, shame I could,nt see it.

Good play from The Blades.

Missed the draw with Leicester mid week as I was in the hills between Pak Chong and Sikhu again,,far from the madding crowd and technology.(And the Footy)

Good win and a good start to this season, lets just hope it can be sustained.

Good game Pauly, just as well as there was a disallowed goal otherwise it would have been 4-1.

Your victory in no way surprised me :D

Good luck with your promotion push......I've a feeling we will be spending the seaon at the other end of the table fighting the drop :D

Still our Chairman's pockets are bulging with 10m or so....he must be happy :)

Going down Readings team line up showed me that this is not the same Reading team we grew to know.

Manager also , so its all start again is,nt it.

I read the reports of the crowd chanting " wheres all the money gone"! after the match.

Must be really frustrating.

Going back a couple of seasons, after the Blades were relegated, we had Bryan Robson as manager and the club spent most of the first half near the drop zone, manager left and K. Blackwell stepped in and we nearly made the play offs.

So all is not lost yet.

Mind you ,he did bring in James Beattie from Everton so there at least there was money going round.

Why is little money being spent at Reading?

Why is little money being spent at Reading?

Because Sir John feels that he has supported the club financialy through the hard times of League One and thinks its payback time.

He wants the club in a good financial position so he can sell it. He has made no scret of the fact that the club needs owners with "Deep Pockets" to take over as he is not prepared to finance another shot in the Premier League....which as you said is very fustrating for the fans.

Rogers is in the Chairman's pocket...thats obvious, he does not want to rock the boat and has come out and said that the fans need to be patient as they are at the begining of a new "5 Year Cycle" whatever that means :)

I don't understand why Leroy Lita was allowed to leave on a free when our attack spearheaded by "The Child" Shane Long has yet to produce a goal between them in 4 games. Lita scored for Boro on Saturday.....it just makes no darn sense to me. I jst hope we sign Tommy Smith from Watford this week, I know you were after him. I hope that the Rogers connection brings him to us, but right now we are no better off than Watford, so where is the "step up" for Smith to come to Reading?

I am gong over in October and will catch the Boro match, it will be a chance to see all these new players whom I don't recognise when I watch the replays.

Being a Royals fan sucks right now :D

Just listened to The Blades draw against West Brom at Sheffield.

I would have liked to have seen it, it was a great game.

Strong performances from both sides and twice United came back from behind, if only their second goal was,nt disallowed.

Ironically with a point each, United slip a place while West Brom go top.

Funny old game.

At least The Blades are above Wednesday, who they will play next month.

If Sheff Utd can keep producing this level of play throughout the season they will be right up there,, but there is a long way to go.

Good performances from each player.

West Brom conceded about 20 free kicks.

Cheers

One for you Pauly.

Sheff Utd have secured the loan of Reading mid fielder James Harper until the end of the season.

He has come as Brian Howard, the ex Barnsley captain , has been been sold to Reading.

I thought that Howard was doing ok, but had spent a bit of time on the bench since the start of the season.

Lee Hendrie has moved on , gladly, along with defender Lee Bromby, who was kind of hit and miss most of the time.

Billy Sharp to Donny,, so that will be interesting if he plays against Utd later this year.

Following the performances of Keith Treacy , who is on loan from Blackburn, its unfortunate that he wasn,t signed.

Cheers.

Just listened to The Blades draw against West Brom at Sheffield.

I would have liked to have seen it, it was a great game.

Strong performances from both sides and twice United came back from behind, if only their second goal was,nt disallowed.

Ironically with a point each, United slip a place while West Brom go top.

Funny old game.

At least The Blades are above Wednesday, who they will play next month.

If Sheff Utd can keep producing this level of play throughout the season they will be right up there,, but there is a long way to go.

Good performances from each player.

West Brom conceded about 20 free kicks.

Cheers

Even after a great game I find it amazing that the blades fans still find plenty to moan about on praise or grumble and footy heaven. :)

Not being there , I can assume some people were not happy, I did,nt listen to the praise or grumble comments, cos I went to bed :D .

I listened to the game on Blades Player( formlery World) with Keith Edwards, and BBC Radio Sheff bloke forgot your name

sorry.

It sounded a great game , although the ref sounded a bit off...........as they always are.

You cannot please all the people all of the time.

I thought it was a reasonable result , from playing a team straight ( back down :D ) from the premiership and looking back on the stats , The Blades were better.

Praise or grumble on Football heaven after the derby with Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I,ll go to bed again. :)

Edited by soihok

• 2 weeks later...

Following the delight of beating Derby away United lose to Coventry away.

I did,nt listen to the game as I was far away in the hills around Pak Chong, dissappointed to say the least reading the match report.

Sounds as if Killa was sorely missed in defence and sounds as if he will be out of Friday nights match with Wednesday at the lane.

I hope that a deal can be struck with Matt and Utd as he is a key team player and he is yet to sign on the line.

I like the sound of Newcastle losing to Blackpool and lets hope that they keep that form up.

So.

Sheffield United v,s Sheffield Wednesday on Friday night.....another 2 a.m. carry on, on the computer.

COME ON YOU BLADES

Steel City Derby, it was described as mental derby by Radio Sheffield.

What a great game, the Owls were well behind at half time, 3-0 although their performance did,nt quite deserve the score line.

A big blow having Jamie Ward stretchered off, no word on his injury as yet, its only 10 minutes after the game.

Second half, it really was game on. Two good goals from the Owls and looking at the stats 50% each and shots on target level gives you an idea of how nail biting it was.

I,m so happy that The Blades won this , of course, there are games that count to Sheffield people and these are the most important of the year.

I think that all the supporters there were having kittens in that last half, both teams were right up for it.

Although Wednesday lost, they did put up a great fight and I feel very proud that these two clubs produced an outstanding game of football.........and it was entirely SHEFFIELD. :D

Just glad I dont live there :D:D

How about both Sheffield clubs up into the Prem next year?

NICE ONE UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Ward......hamstring :)

Edited by soihok

• 2 weeks later...

Not too much to shout about in the Blades forum really, what should have been wins against Swansea and Ipswich would have had us up to second due to the losses of the top teams, Newcastle are away now.

Keith Treacy is out for the season which is a blow,that with Jamie Ward outfor a month, Mat Kilgallon limped off last night also which is a worry.

Richard Cresswell has been brought in on loan for 3 months from Stoke, a striker and by god do they need a striker!

Listened to the last two performances it is obvious that are serious failings with the team.

Swansea won although we played better but it was a depressing experience listening to it, crap comes to mind.

Ipswich were the better team( and look where they are!) until the last 15 minutes and must be kicking themselves how they did,nt win.

Thankfully , the introduction of Glenn Little and Richard Cresswell turned the game around and due respect to how United came back within those last 15 minutes,The Blades really took it to Ipswich with Chris Morgan ( a defender) snatching the equaliser in stoppage time.

I hope that things improve, otherwise we will stay where we are.

I expect to see Little in the starting line up on Saturday against Donny and I hope I see Cotterill on the subs bench.

Yours......Frustrated from Korat!

Nothing down in Sheff Utd forum here on Thai visa so I shall not be posting anymore as I have found a really good forum for Blades fans.

BladesReunited.

Cheers

Please reconsider. Its people like yourself and a few others who dont follow teams in the EPL that keeps the forum different. Keep posting. I think myself and maybe a couple more only post in the Rangers thread. You dont see me leaving. :):D

Nothing down in Sheff Utd forum here on Thai visa so I shall not be posting anymore as I have found a really good forum for Blades fans.

BladesReunited.

Cheers

Please reconsider. Its people like yourself and a few others who dont follow teams in the EPL that keeps the forum different. Keep posting. I think myself and maybe a couple more only post in the Rangers thread. You dont see me leaving. :):D

Agreed..

I learn about Sheff Utd by reading this & i'm sure i'm not the only one..

& i'd rather read about Sheff Utd at times than the overhyped sh*te that is the modern day Premiership & some of the spoilt numpties in it..

Looks as if you,ve twisted my arm then.

The game against Donny , sounded( Radio Sheffield) a great deal better than the previous two outings.

The score line is not good though, following the stats we made something like 12 shots off target,

Its fair to say that we outplayed Donny, Richard Cresswell (on loan from Stoke) saving the day to make 1-1.

With so many new players in the squad it will take time to settle down,,there are a lot of the usual first team players out.

Adding to this, Nick Montgomery is now out for about 2 months also which is a shocker as the guy is solid.

I hope that the team starts to at least get shots in on target, defence not so bad, but saying that, look who we have just played in the last 3 games and only picked up 2 points......good enough for the Prem like this......not on your life.

Cheers

Looks as if you,ve twisted my arm then.

The game against Donny , sounded( Radio Sheffield) a great deal better than the previous two outings.

The score line is not good though, following the stats we made something like 12 shots off target,

Its fair to say that we outplayed Donny, Richard Cresswell (on loan from Stoke) saving the day to make 1-1.

With so many new players in the squad it will take time to settle down,,there are a lot of the usual first team players out.

Adding to this, Nick Montgomery is now out for about 2 months also which is a shocker as the guy is solid.

I hope that the team starts to at least get shots in on target, defence not so bad, but saying that, look who we have just played in the last 3 games and only picked up 2 points......good enough for the Prem like this......not on your life.

Cheers

I hope you're wrong Mate, i've got a few Pennies on them to go up this Year.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As United head to sunny Scuny this afternoon, the squad goes there without.....wait for this.....12 first team players.

All injured.

Almost half the team will be made up of on-loan players, so what we get in the way of team work and a result is any ones guess.

Its difficult to see how we will get on.

I,m happy that the kick off is at noon, which means I dont have to feel like a sad person glued to the computer at silly times of the night.

Cheers

As United head to sunny Scuny this afternoon, the squad goes there without.....wait for this.....12 first team players.

All injured.

Almost half the team will be made up of on-loan players, so what we get in the way of team work and a result is any ones guess.

Its difficult to see how we will get on.

I,m happy that the kick off is at noon, which means I dont have to feel like a sad person glued to the computer at silly times of the night.

Cheers

:) Happens to the best of us Mate..

Mmmmmm.

Spoke too soon, thanks to the development of the internet here in Korat and the shallow depths of my pockets, blame the missus....I do..........,for United losing to Scunthorpe by 2 goals I mean.

No commentry, which actually may be something positive, seeing the score at the moment.

All is not lost however......

--

--

Tomorrow we get to see the Aussie Moto GP and next Saturday I go to Sepang to watch Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo...do a far better job than Sheff Utd could ever do.

Edited by soihok

My posts here keeping this thread alive could be descripbed as "kicking a dying dog".

Which brings me round to Sheff U,s performance of late.

There is now a growing , rumbling of voices calling for Kevin Blackwells pants,,,I feel that his pants are best left where they ,I would,nt fancy his boots at this time however. All the critisism surrounds his selection of players,that forgive me if I,m wrong, gave the club a top six place until 10 of them were injured.

Result is a load of on loan players brought in and dont know who is living next door.

What would you expect.

I know that the play off last year was a disaster but we also had only 2 up front strickers ,,,,who were also on loan, apart from Jamie Wards red card.

Anyway, things aint cool in the Blades camp....................Watch this space!