Best Option For 2 Month Stay...

aiir

hi

I am returning to Thailand next week and am bringing the lappers,I will be staying with g/f and family in Saklek.They have a landline, what would be my best option to get online...?

thanks

There was already a post about this - by your friend?? Check advice there first.

GL

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27660

Hi.

Nope this isnt my friend,although the information is slightly helpful,I have heard that you can go to a store(computer one) and buy a disc.. Then basically it is a pay as you go internet connection.... Any ideas on this???

You don't even need the disk - so long as you know how to set up dial up networking in Windows.

You can buy refill packs from IT Stores around the country. (although probably easier to find an IT store in Bangkok). - One thing to be careful of is that you can get a local access number in the district that you're going to be in. (i.e. Local calls are unmetered, but if the ISP you pick only has access numbers in Bangkok, you'll run up a huge phone bill.)

(For that reason, it might be better to find a local IT store where you're going - if your girlfriend knows of one.)

Hi mate , I am about 10 klms east of sak lek posting this with my laptop via GPRS on my mobile. At 1 baht per minute on my pay as you go account it is acceptable.

when I stopped in at sak lek yesterday I did see a thai bloke carrying his comp box down the street at the main intersection with the highway so there might be a computer store nearby , if not Phichit is only 30 mins away on a motorbike and they do have a computer stores at which you could purchase pre paid internet access. you just get a card with a username and password.

Doesn't the 7-11 sell a variety of cards for internet access? The certainly used to. Samart is a good service. You scratch the access number off the back of the card and type in.

Just be sure which phone line you have - T(elecom)A(sia) also known as TRUE is the private company owned by Taksin, and ToT the nationalised company - services are often specific depending on which of these 2 kinds of land line you have.