Questions

Magoomba

Video Contest  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There seem some great contests, however they seem to require the Exif data. Some of the images I want to enter are frames from my HD camcorder (about 5 Mega pixel). Because these are frames from video, there is no exif data. So are these images allowed ?

Second question - are we going to have a video challenge. I would suggest a 1 minute clip of the same subject as the still section. I think that they should be judged on the following.

1. Relevance to the subject.

2. Camera work

3. Sound quality and relevance

4. Editing.

5. Technical quality

This means that the additional can be open to anyone from a Camera phone to more professional equipment can enter, and editing and post editing can also be as simple with windows movie maker etc. Having a number of judging elements means that someone with a HD camera taking average footage cannot win. I was thinking 1 minute gives 4 x 15 second clips or 3 x 20 seconds, with the possibility of voice over or sound effects / dubbing.

I am interested in your responses.

Thanks for your suggestion

I have added a poll to assess whether members would be interested in such a video competition.

I will leave it to Kan Win to answer about the EXIF data.

That is why I was saying that technical quality is only 1/5 of the value of the piece of work.

The Vulcan; if I remember you have a Canon G10, that will do video, therefore, a carefully planned and framed shot is more important than technical merits. I am sure also that people have Camera Phones that can do video, and normally the phones come with some form of video editing software.

astral; to your point, I can drop-in the HD Video Segment that has plenty of data about the shot, in terms of HD video, but then I was thinking about this, and the point of the regular competitions and the point is to have some fun and share our thoughts and what gives us all enjoyment of the world. I was also thinking that exif data can be edited. I found this out as I wanted to put the GPS location on my shots which can be done, so in the future I won't be saying... mmm looks like a nice place, I wish I could remember where it was.