Sea Fishing

PETERTHEEATER

Having just retired I should now have time to take up sea angling again. Any recommendations for locations in and around Hua Hin? Pier and beaches.

Sounds like a great life Peter :o Just wander down to the main pier and check out what the locals guys are using/catching, then gear up. Or, down pranburi way, you can rent a boat and get right out there. You could probably hook up with some local fisherman too, if you throw in some baht for the boat trip and they don't think you're bad luck that is. Also, check out Had Sai Noi, (take the turn that says Koh Tao, just past the overpass bridge going south) left side of the deep rocks, I've seen locals fishing there.

Enjoy!

Edited by bahtandsold

Thanks for the tips. I think that I will give the boats a miss though. I'm not a good sailor and the weather might think I'm on a ferry. But then again, if the weather sees me on the beach/rocks/pier it might think that I need a tsunami!

I shall reconnoitre and take a life jacket.

regards

Having just retired I should now have time to take up sea angling again. Any recommendations for locations in and around Hua Hin? Pier and beaches.

Sounds like a great life Peter :o Just wander down to the main pier and check out what the locals guys are using/catching, then gear up. Or, down pranburi way, you can rent a boat and get right out there. You could probably hook up with some local fisherman too, if you throw in some baht for the boat trip and they don't think you're bad luck that is. Also, check out Had Sai Noi, (take the turn that says Koh Tao, just past the overpass bridge going south) left side of the deep rocks, I've seen locals fishing there.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips. I think that I will give the boats a miss though. I'm not a good sailor and the weather might think I'm on a ferry. But then again, if the weather sees me on the beach/rocks/pier it might think that I need a tsunami!

I shall reconnoitre and take a life jacket.

regards

Ok landlubber, maybe give Terry a visit over at the new Hua Hin fishing hole:

http://www.hua-hinfishing.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...