How To Make Bittorrent Faster

bedbugy

First get a proper client, like uTorrent or Vuze (in Vuze you have to immediately set it to "classic" mode so it looks like Azureus again).

Vuze -> Tools -> Options -> Interface -> Start -> Display Vuze UI chooser, select "Classic". The Vuze layer is total crap IMO, a failed attempt at making Vuze into something it's not. In addition, it obscures what's actually going on. In Classic mode it's the same as the old Azureus, and IMO better than uTorrent (more stable).

Then the main thing is to maximize your upload rate but keep it below your maximum DSL upload rate. E.g if your DSL has an upload of 512Kbit, set the upload to 40KB/s.

The more you upload, the faster your downloads. However, if you set the upload limit too high, you might starve your downloads, hence you need to limit it. Ideally just below the maximum available from your line.

Edited by nikster

in azureus put your upload at 5k max, this way this way you won't hurt your downloads and you'll get max down speed anyway.

just let your torrents open a longer time to get an acceptable share ratio.

How to download at max speed of your connection?

Stay away from torrents and switch to download from newsgroups.

The torrents get their stuff from newsgroups anyway, so on the newsgroups you can find much much more.

No need to upload anything, just download at maximum speed.

Only disadvantage, it costs a little bit per month for a good payserver with good retention.

I use XLNED.com, which has about 220 days of retention and is quite cheap.

For 2,99 euro per month you get unlimited download maxspeed 2.5Mbit with free SSL connection as well (you your provider can't know what you are downloading). For a little more you get more speed.

Furthermore I use NZBindex.nl (free website) to search what I want and use NZB's to open up automatic in Grabit (freeware). You can even set Grabit to automatic extract and shutdown your pc when finished etc.

I'm using a 2Mbit line from True, which gets me a speed of 270kb/s (kilo-BYTE, not bit) almost continuesly!

If you are familiar with newsgroups, just google usenet, Grabit and nzb. Once you go newsgroups you will never use torrents again :)

Although that web site looks good have not figured what they want between first and land name (insertion) but suspect it is middle initial or name; or (reference code) after password.

I think it's middle initial, but I left it blank (my last name is "de xxxx") and I just put this completely at last name. Then sufffix (after Number) I left blank as well as reference code. I think reference code is some code which maybe I can get for you to apply (since I'm a member) and then I can gain some free days of usage, but the fee is so low, I don't bother with that.

For the record, I just I thought I would tell this method of downloading, since maybe not everyone knows about newsgroups. I'm not in any way affiliated with any of the sites I mentioned.