Seller Of Fake Goods Arrested

britmaveric

Seller of fake goods arrested

The owner of the shop told officers that Tourists are interested in buying such items.

At 9.30pm on March 3, a special team of officers led by Police Captain Sompop Kuhawan, sub-investigations inspector, busted the owner of clothes shop on Soi 10, South Pattaya, for selling copyrighted goods.

Inside they found around 500 items in breach of Thailand's stringent laws on copyrighted items. These included trousers, trainers, socks, bags, and t-shirts.

The owner, Sukgitdraa Jansee, 22, admitted to buying the goods from Bangkok and told officers that it was a good business since many Tourists are interested in buying such items.

She was taken to the Soi 9 Stationhouse. It's not known what will happen to her now.

-Pattaya People

I had to laugh at this. I recall a factory in Samut Prakarn that had 3 lines of clothing coming off the production line. 1 gets the original labels, the other 2 lines are sent to another factory to have crocodiles etc glued on before being sold on the streets. :o

I guess once the police really wants to crack down on counterfeit goods, all they need to do is confiscate all merchandise offered by street stalls and small sellers in the maket like complexes in Beach road, 2nd Road, Walking Street, Soi Buakao, Third Road, and all Thanons and Sois in between. I very much doubt that even one of these shops will be found not guilty (does not have at least some copyrighted logoed goods on offer).

Next step are the Tailors, then check the stalls at the shopping centers, and move your way up to the smaller shops and then on.

Arresting all vendors in Pattaya in a concentrated action would do the trick as well (You might have to speak out a dozen excuses after a few weeks, but mai pen rai.)

Has anybody ever seen a street vendor stall without illegal goodS (apart from drinks, newspapers and fruit)?

Sunny