Price Rise On Samui Because Of The Tsunami?!

Daniel73

Hi there!

Last week I wanted to book a bungalow (not listed on sawadee.com) at Lamai Beach for July.

On their webpage (of the resort) the current price for an aircon bungalow was 800 THB - which is pretty okay.

I inquired that bungalow for 16 nights and got a confirmation where the manager of the resort confirmed me a price of 1200 THB per night (so 50% more than written in the internet). I was shocked. :o

For sure I asked the manager if maybe there is something wrong in the confirmation. She said "no". She told me that they increased the prices because of the Tsunami desaster. She told me that everything is quite full now on Samui and they had to act like this. :D

What an explanation? Did someone of you guys had something like this as well when booking directly at a resort? What do you think about this?

Regards from Germany

Daniel

Pictures of my trips to Thailand and China:

http://www.dandus.de

Guestbook entries are welcome :D

Edited by Daniel73

Hi there!

Last week I wanted to book a bungalow (not listed on sawadee.com) at Lamai Beach for July.

On their webpage (of the resort) the current price for an aircon bungalow was 800 THB - which is pretty okay.

I inquired that bungalow for 16 nights and got a confirmation where the manager of the resort confirmed me a price of 1200 THB per night (so 50% more than written in the internet). I was shocked. :o

For sure I asked the manager if maybe there is something wrong in the confirmation. She said "no". She told me that they increased the prices because of the Tsunami desaster. She told me that everything is quite full now on Samui and they had to act like this. :D

What an explanation? Did someone of you guys had something like this as well when booking directly at a resort? What do you think about this?

Regards from Germany

Daniel

Pictures of my trips to Thailand and China:

http://www.dandus.de

Guestbook entries are welcome  :D

Everything is more filled now than other years this time but it isn't completely filled anymore . Try to put the price down because a price rising 50% ( 800 to 1200 you said ) is way to much . Otherwise i'd take another one ... Prices in Lamai has gone up yes , but not that amount ... but can be just because it is high season . I always forget the price difference between high and low season , but prices have gone up for sure ( hotelprices depending on hotel itself ) .