Isaan Agricultural Land Prices

INTJ

Hi,

Could someone give me a realistic approximate figure per rai of *chanote* agricultural land in Isaan ?

Thanks in advance

It depends where it is. Maybe 20,000 -40,000 baht. If you are buying it to make money you would be better off with money in the bank. We have prime land that gives minimal return and have friends (to make the wife happy) that grow rice at a loss every year. Buying rice land will make the wife happy and look good in her village but as an investment it is worthless.

My wife and I bought 2 rai and 80 talang wa a little over 2 years ago in Ban Nan Saat in Udon. I really liked the location because it was at the edge of the village and there was very little chance of the village expanding around us. There is a well on the land, fully functioning. It is good land for gardening as my in-laws grow matao (harvested roots ground up to make flour) and we have also grown onions. Very good soil. We paid B33,000 per rai. As I looked at the total price, a little over B100,000 I was very shocked. I thought it was very expensive, but I was assured that was the going price. I am just hoping that the value will go up considerably over the next 10 years or so.

Location is everything. If there is road access, water (piped or natural) and electric it will start at about 100k a Rai or so. Out in the wilds nearer 15,000 Baht a Rai - but you will be cutting your own road. (adding a road counts as one cut when doing the chanote)

Beware the farang added tax.

HTH

Just bought 5 rai next to tar sealed road in nong kung si kalasin for 20,000 baht a rai good soi excellent sogar cane land,we have 50 rai close to this land and get a good return growing sugar cane.

Just bought 5 rai next to tar sealed road in nong kung si kalasin for 20,000 baht a rai good soi excellent sogar cane land,we have 50 rai close to this land and get a good return growing sugar cane.

Great deal Nev. :D

Well the lady who sold it to us has to get money for gambling from somewhere :D:)

In the Krasang area, Buriram, the price seems to be 30,000-40,000 a rai, plus or minus, depending on (1) how much you want it, (2) how much the other guy wants to sell, (3) access to road, electric, water, (4) on the level or slightly on a hill. In other words, you pays your money (as always) and takes your choice.