Extension/renewal Of Non Imm O?

I have a non immigrant O visa due to expire in October.

Rumors here (Pattaya) say that you can renew it here at the immigration office?

Anyone done it or know if it is a fact?

My visa is based on marriage and kids.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Edh

You can extend your permission to stay based on mariage if you meet the following requirement:

- are living with your wife

- have an income of 40,000 baht a month OR 400,000 baht in a bankaccount in Thailand. In both cases the money has to be yours, not your wife's. Incoem can be from abroad and in that case must be certifiead by your embassy. The money in the bank has to be there for at least 2 months.

For the rest you will need some paperwork, but the main thing is that you meet above requirements.

400k in bank account for two months or 40k monthly income are the requirements with Thai wife. You and wife make application with less than 30 days remaining on current stay with letter from bank of account balance and copies of passport/departure card, her ID card and home register and photos together and marriage certificate and perhaps map to home. Cost is 1,900 baht and use Tm.7 form with current 4x6cm photos.

Edited by lopburi3

This from the Police Order that deals with extensions.

2.18 In the case of a family

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child

of his/her spouse):

Permission will be

granted for a period of

not more than 1 year at a time.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Thanks all for the valuable info.

As I am working abroad and only need to stay 2-3 months at each time (away same lenght of time), is it possible to get an multiple entry extension as well?

Or do I need to have a re-entry permit each time?

If a re-entry permit is necessary each time, it will cost 1900 Baht each time I believe...

Thanks again.

Edh

You can obtain a multiple re-entry permit, cost 3800 baht. This will hold good until your permission to stay expires (when you renew your extension again). If you leave the country without having a re-entry permit your permission to stay will be cancelled.

Edited by thaiphoon