Pet Supplies In Bangkok

I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking for a Pet Shop or Pet Supplies outlet to buy some stuff from, i know there are lots of small pet shops around, but i tend to find these places quite expensive. I know that JJ market has a large pet section with some cheap stuff, but sometimes it is not feasable to get there on a weekend.

So what i am looking for is the best place to buy pet supplies, ultimately large sacks of dog food and also a dog collar and ID tag and lastly a dog 'cage' (something extendable so it can grow with my dog)

Anyone know of a medium/large pet supply place in the Bangkok area?

Thanks in advance

Hi Wolfie,

There are a lot of pet supply shops around the base of Seri Center (about 1km from Seacon Square) which have these tpes of cages.

I don't know if this is easier (more convenient) for you than JJ.

If not please advise the other members of which area in Bangkok you are in so they can advise better.

Best regards,

Tiger.

I have been to that store at Seacon and it is very small with limited things in stock. I have found the best success with the pet supply store connected to Thonglor Pet Hospital on Soi Thonglor. If you get to that hospital... you will see pet supply store directly across the parking lot using the same hospital logo and such. Can't miss it.

They should have just about anything you need for dogs, cats, and I think even birds and mice/gerbils/hampsters, etc. Hope it helps!

Thats great, thanks - i'll go check it out ASAP!

I just read what you are looking for exactly at the pet supply store. As far as dog food goes, they have a big variety along with various types of the more quality brands that are very hard to find in Thailand. As for cages, they have several kinds but I have been very pleased with a wood framed, barred with metal, four sided play pen type cage... it is a Japanese brand that they have there. Comes in various sizes and is very durable. We bought two of the largest ones their for our dogs. If they are out, you can order another one from them and they are pretty good with making sure it happens in a New York minute as opposed to a Thai minute, lol. Hope it works out for you. I often find myself lost in that store just wondering what I can blow money on for our dogs:)

Hi Loganberry,

Please read my post again, I did not say that the shop was at Seacon, I said that there are a number of shops around the base of Seri Center (about 1km from Seacon Square.

I do know the pet shop at Seacon and agree with you about their limited stock.

However the shops around the Seri center are much better stocked.

Regards,

Tiger.

Hi Loganberry,

Please read my post again, I did not say that the shop was at Seacon, I said that there are a number of shops around the base of Seri Center (about 1km from Seacon Square.

Regards,

Tiger.

Oh, Seri Center.... Seacon Square..... honest mistake. My bad. Regardless, I am still a Thonglor Pet Hospital/Supply patron. So naturally I support it :)

• 2 weeks later...

You might try Manoon Pet Supply out near JJ market (really it is the Kamphaeng Phet MRT exit with the shop located behind the big farmers market). You will find plenty of parking behind the farmers market.

There is a small soi back there of pet supply shops, feed stores, and pet stores selling birds, puppies and kittens as well. Manoon's is the first one you come to entering that little street and it is the biggest one as well.

I have had good luck with them getting what I want if they don’t have it in stock as you can look thru their suppliers catalogs.

I believe they still offer free delivery on purchases over 2000 baht in the greater Bangkok area.

Hi Loganberry,

Regards,

Tiger.

I agree with you as the one's behind Seri is where we regularly go. We especially like the fact that there are 5 or 6 large pet shops located behind Seri so if we don't find what we are looking for from one, we move on down the block and more often than not come up with what we need.

• 6 months later...
Hi Loganberry,

Regards,

Tiger.

I agree with you as the one's behind Seri is where we regularly go. We especially like the fact that there are 5 or 6 large pet shops located behind Seri so if we don't find what we are looking for from one, we move on down the block and more often than not come up with what we need.

Hi, I just want to ask, which side of Seri? is it the side near Seacon or the farther side?

Do they sell parrots by any chance???