Thai Police Clearance Certificate

nelson111

I am a UK citizen who needs to get a Police Clearance Certificate from the Thai Police for a teaching job in the UK.

I am currently in the UK but worked in Thailand previously and as such need to get this certificate before I can work with children here.

One of the requirements for applying for this (http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/police_clearance.html) is 3 sets of fingerprints from the UK police. I went to my local police station and was told that I'd need some forms for the fingerprints from the Thai police. I got the wife to phone them and they were (predictably) less than helpful. Seeing as 3 sets of fingerprints currently retails at 120 quid I'm quite anxious to get them on the right bit of paper.

Has anyone else done this? Any advice/useful links to fingerprint forms would be very helpful.

Also, the only proof that I have of living/working in Thailand are my entry and exit stamps (the work permit went back to my school when I left, as per Thai law). In other people's experience, does this cause any problems?

Incidentally, I'm also doing this for Korea, where it's all done through the UK Embassy and the total outlay is one SAE. Ha.

I am a UK citizen who needs to get a Police Clearance Certificate from the Thai Police for a teaching job in the UK.

I am currently in the UK but worked in Thailand previously and as such need to get this certificate before I can work with children here.

One of the requirements for applying for this (http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/police_clearance.html) is 3 sets of fingerprints from the UK police. I went to my local police station and was told that I'd need some forms for the fingerprints from the Thai police. I got the wife to phone them and they were (predictably) less than helpful. Seeing as 3 sets of fingerprints currently retails at 120 quid I'm quite anxious to get them on the right bit of paper.

Has anyone else done this? Any advice/useful links to fingerprint forms would be very helpful.

Also, the only proof that I have of living/working in Thailand are my entry and exit stamps (the work permit went back to my school when I left, as per Thai law). In other people's experience, does this cause any problems?

Incidentally, I'm also doing this for Korea, where it's all done through the UK Embassy and the total outlay is one SAE. Ha.

You are a UK citizen and you are in the UK , looking for a teaching job in the UK ????? You need nothing from the Thai police !!! The school in which you want a job will submit all of your details to the police for the checks to be made prior to your appointment at the school and before you commence work.

If there is not enogh information given to the UK police they would contact you for further checks to be made.

As for fingerprints from the Thai police - what the hel_l for ?

You are a UK citizen and you are in the UK , looking for a teaching job in the UK ????? You need nothing from the Thai police !!! The school in which you want a job will submit all of your details to the police for the checks to be made prior to your appointment at the school and before you commence work.

If there is not enogh information given to the UK police they would contact you for further checks to be made.

From the fact that you're a senior member I'll assume that you spend a lot of time on here making provocative and ill-informed comments with multiple exclamation marks. Still, keeps you off the streets which is probably a good thing.

Anybody out there with something useful to say?

This is correct, I had to get a police clearence certificate from Thailand for my job here in the uk which needed security clearence.

If you spend more than 6 months out of the uk and you are working this is what they require.

I had to get finger printed in uk £120 and send with passport copies visas etc to Bangkok with a S.a.e to special branch.

30 days later received back my thai police clearence certificate,no fee was paid.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards.

Not true, If you apply for a job in the uk that needs security clearence and you have been out of the country for more than 6 months then thats what you must do.

Btw it's finger prints for the thai police not from them,you need to get out more.

Edited by typhoon